BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bensensun View Post
    Hey! My first post on this forum : ).

What do you think of this 1000 point list:

hive tyrant + miasma cannon+ stranglethorn cannon + tactical instinct + 2 tyrant guards
    20 termagaunts with spike rifles
    20 termagaunts with spike rifles
    20 outflanking termagaunts with 3 shots str 4 thing. i have the german codex ; )
    2 zoanthropes
    2 hive guards
    2 toxothropes
    and 1 biovore

greetings,

Benjamin
    Best to post lists in the Army Lists section.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    personally I think this army is in big trouble, reecius' battle report is a very good example of what happens when you run out of synapse units, but how many synapse units can you fit into say an 1850 list without compromising the lists abillity to be effective in other areas?

4?
    against lists that can drop 2 units of their choice a turn (not all that hard really) then that means nids get to T2 earliest before going haywire, and we don't really have anything thats effective at hurting the enemy first turn.
    TAKE PRIMES AND WARRIORS? Cheapest options and a couple zoans and bam, that's seven synapse. Three of which are 3++

People bemoan the prime cost....but it is a 125 base synapse, that is really cheap.

This isn't codex:biomancy anymore, adapt already.

Reecius first list was awful. Two HUGE synapse targets in the entire army??? Huh? That is fifth.

I know people like Hq mc's but I do not think they are worth their points in that slot unless you are double force org.

Trygon primes seem really good. Zoans seem good. Gargoyles look amazing. Warriors are synapse and with three of them at t5 3w seem much more durable with los blocking Terrain then a giant fmc....

My perspective is from not playing 5th. I love nids but not playing them currently.

There are some really good tough long range shooting options that are not 200+ points.

Just my two cents, I think this codex is good in a different way then tau/eldar, their troop cost and unit sizes are the strength.(Not the huge mcs)

Except, the Prime *is* massively overpriced. It's only 40 points less than the Hive Tyrant, who has +2 WS, +1S, +1T, +1W and Mastery 2 over the Prime, and can take Wings, and despite being an MC, all of the upgrades cost the same for both models.

Also, Warriors are still only T4; if they were T5 then yes, they'd be durable and a really good choice.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Except, the Prime *is* massively overpriced. It's only 40 points less than the Hive Tyrant, who has +2 WS, +1S, +1T, +1W and Mastery 2 over the Prime, and can take Wings, and despite being an MC, all of the upgrades cost the same for both models.

Also, Warriors are still only T4; if they were T5 then yes, they'd be durable and a really good choice.
    BUT! The Prime is a IC. He can hide in the swarm. Keep Synapse up. If the first group he's with starts getting beat up. Jump him into a new group. Good luck assassinating my Warlord OR breaking my synapse.

Chapter-Master

...and he's still overpriced.

Yes, you need lots of synapse. The fact that most synapse is overpriced on top of the massive handicap synapse represents is just GW kicking you while you're down.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I think having the Prime joined with a squad of something neat is his only trick that begins to justify the cost. 100+ pts for a t4 squishy unit better have some sick X factor and adding bs/ws to the group is cool but it needs to be paired with something more than gaunt "wounds" imo.. he doesn't pack nearly enough punch to do that. A guy on frontlinegaming talked about having him paired with a unit of carnifex.. kinda neat if that pans out.
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Brother-Sergeant

Prime is over priced but not unusable, biggest thing he has going for him is the IC tho so you can hide a synapse node inside another unit giving it some decent random hw protection. If he was under 100 pts stock but as expensive as current when upgraded I could see it. I do really like that idea of upgrading him and putting him in a Cfex brood, he could be really good there.

Personally, if you just want the synapse node and to not pay a ton, bumping up to a stock HT is way more worth it, 165 pts for a bit more durable target with 2 psychics (being the biggest part), being monstrous he can actually kill vehicles and has much better cc attacks. For 40 pts you can still use him primarily as a node, does better at support and has some form teeth to him.

Separate thought from the cheap synapse node : with 1-2 turns of shrouding, the "Footrant" w/ guard and fleet is looking much more appealing to me. curious to try it out since I've been exclusively using flying ones for a while now.
    Last edited by Ang56; 01-13-2014 at 03:02 AM.

maybe a dumb question... but would thew shroud from Venomthropes stack? i,e if i have a squad of 30 guants and two venomthropes within 6" do i now have a 4+ cover?

Chapter-Master

Shrouded is +2 to your cover save. Place a line of little bugs (gaunts or gargoyles) up front, with a few models within 6" of the Venomthrope. They now have a 5+ cover. Then place bigger bugs right behind them. The little bugs grant the big bugs a 5+ cover, with a +2 from Shrouded, for a 3+ cover.

So long as the Venomthropes are alive, that is.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I am just double checking here...
    Can Bugs now use Emplaced Weapons?
    If so, an Exocrine on an Ageis Gun is pretty good. 6 Plasma shots and 4 twin-linked shots at BS4...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast