BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Default Chaos Reign or Fire, army concept

So I have been having another look at the Kharybdis and Dreadclaws and I've always felt their biggest problem is that they eat slots, namely valuable FA and HS ones.

But then I thought, with allies it is possible to run 4 HS and 4 FA slots. Would this perhaps be a viable list?

Main

Up top 3 Kharybdis:
    2 Baledrakes
    1 Dreadclaw:

Ally in up to
    1 dread claw: With the allies troops choice inside
    1 Kharybdis: With whatever you want inside

what would you go about including in this list?

Honestly this might be something I look into, I really like the idea, anyone have thoughts on the matter? What would you run? I'm ideally thinking 2 squads of 5 or so Nurgle combi terminators, and then 2 squads of plasma chosen with 2 squads of 14 CSM's with double plasma.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yeah, that could wind up being pretty cool! The Kharybdis' decent fire support abilities give the list a certain oomph pod lists don't normally have, although the imagery of the Khar and Dreadclaws flying around after landing still strikes me as ridiculous.

It looks like the Crimson Slaughter supplement is making Possessed very tasty Troops - maybe use that as the Primary Detachment and make the Kharybdises little Possessed piñatas.