BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best build for Eldar Autarch and Farseer?

As i stated in the codex discussion, i got an Autarch on a bike today and a Farseer too...

Farseer is easy, i just make a basic build and in our FLGC, if he has a SS or doesn´t it´s not a WYSIWYG -matter...

But the Autarch...for me, 180p, is this = Jetbike, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask, Mantle of Laughing God, Shard of Anaris...

what would be a perfect Shard for the figure? And what do think?
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Farseer should be either...
    Jetbike, Spear @ 120
    Jetbike, Spear, Mantle @ 160

Autarch should be..
    JB, Fusion, Power Lance @ crap, left my book at home. But he would roll with Spears or JBs.
    Or just have him roll with Warp Spiders and shoot some more.

The lack of Exarch options and weapon options really puts him on a back foot. He's nothing like an Archon and I would just take him for reserve opportunities.
    HERO's Gaming Blog

Brother-Sergeant

personally, i like keeping my things cheap. if i had an autarch on a bike i would give him the fusion gun and the mantle. thats it. just use him for popping tanks and turbo boosting.
    but if you want to keep the shard, you could easily just green stuff a small diamond or cube or something. doesnt need to be too fancy.
    40k: Yme-loc Eldar
    Fantasy: Ogres! lots of ogres!

Chapter-Master

The Shard sucks. In fact, the only CCW available to Eldar seers and Autarchs that doesn't is the Firesaber, and it's merely decent. None of their weapons have the strength or ap to actually be good in assault. Fancy rules like Instant Death or Rending are not adequate to make a single model with such a limited number of attacks decent. Even an average SM sergeant has good odds of simply shrugging off your Autarch with a Shard's attacks with just an armor save, let alone an actual HQ with real weapons and invulnerable saves and 2+ armor and the like.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I have two favorite builds:

Jetbike with starlance in a unit of 5 shining spears with exarch, seek, destroy, and run around generally being a nuisance

or

fusion gun, scorpion chainsword, warpjump generator with mandiblasters, attach to either warp spiders or a front line unit like firedragons - melt tanks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Autarch on a bike, w/ fusion gun, laser lance, banshee mask and mantle of the laughing god. 150 points so not a bargin hq... but undeniabluy effective. a unit what can move 50-60 inches to keep safe and come in when needed to pop a clutch transport or zip into a small squad and wipe them out with 4 attacks on the charge AP3 plus a hammer of wrath attack. I6 with a banshee mask means he is aways goign first even againt an I10 model (-5 initiative)

this is to say he looks good on paper, using one this weekend and will report back on effectivness finally get to use my old harliquin bikes.. well one of em anyway i uxse them as regular jet bike sbut got to remodel one with the aformentioned armament , cool looking guy

Librarian

I'm quickly seeing the Jetbike as a necessary item for Eldar, almost like Terminator armor or a Storm Shield for Marine characters.

Chapter-Master

Considering that Jetbike Guardians are pretty good, especially with how cheap their BS4 Shuriken Cannons are, and that putting the Farseer in the squad not only lets you toss out psychic powers without hindrance but also nets you T4 and 3+ armor and awesome maneuverability for very cheap... yeah. Default competitive first slot HQ. Second slot is either jetbike Autarch, second Farseer, Spiritseer if you want Wraithguard troops, Avatar for the Fearless bubble and for being scary, and there's probably one or two other options there.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Built and paint done in one mad weekend Got em ready for a battle, with the Autarch still with his sword (still deciding what to do). For HQ´s, 180p for what (Autarch) he´s got is still cheap in my books. It´s gonna take a while to try them out, but will report ASAP...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

You can't take mantle and shard on the same character, can only take one remnant of glory per character.

About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln. Against something like a tzeentch terminator lord, stormshield imperial terminator captain or other such monstrosity you're probably not going to make it.

Although... a death mission farseer with a good rampage roll might make good use of the shard. 8 attacks on the charge with a roll of 5+.

All in all you trade the surety of something like a power fist for what basically amounts to a guaranty of going first and a chance at killing anything. The fearless might be worth the 40 points in certain circumstances though. Rending is cool but ap2 would have been amazing.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-08-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast