BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Okay, play nice. Agree to disagree and move forward.

@daboarder - I appreciate the thread you've got going - keep it up!

@Tynskel - I appreciate your counterpoint - I like looking at things from another's point of view.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    Okay, play nice. Agree to disagree and move forward.

@daboarder - I appreciate the thread you've got going - keep it up!

@Tynskel - I appreciate your counterpoint - I like looking at things from another's point of view.
    grrr. Arf!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Sit Ubu, sit!
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

First-Captain

Shriek is better since it's slightly better average damage and can do more out put. However the nids power that's similar shouldn't be written off since you have to consider what models range from leadership 9-10 anyway. Another note the 9 leader ship is usually due to a character that can be dropped if one fielded a deathleaper for example which can lower the highest leadership by D3.

However I still looking at the psyker battle squad lowering leadership to 2 and follow up with psychic shriek, psyker dsl out of vendetta with the elite unite that can 're roll deep strikes.

Once I get a copy i'll 're read and comment on Daborder thoughts. Till than I just say cool ok since he can be making up the rules and I wouldn't know unless I have the book with me.

I am disappointed with the psychic powers since it's the same thing as before, except they are random and a few cost 2 charges. On the bright side I can have warpblast on my tyrants again.

I mean honestly there is only one power that you would really want, while others are ok.

Oh my nid army was gun line at first and did extremely well. I was hoping for EW on synapse, but I guess I have to actually use the big stuff since warriors can be i nstakilled along with Venomthorpes. I don't play Venomthorpes due to seeker missiles.

However you gaunts can give cover saves to hive guard which in turn gives cover to the big stuff.

I agree with Daborder in that you will have to consider range as an option since marines, tau, eldar for example can wipe you out before you can do anything.

Chapter-Master

Psychic Scream is pretty good on a Tyrant, but frankly, if your opponent lets you walk a Psychic Scream across the board to get close enough to actually hit anything significant, odds are your opponent is incompetent or wasn't paying attention.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Psychic Scream is pretty good on a Tyrant, but frankly, if your opponent lets you walk a Psychic Scream across the board to get close enough to actually hit anything significant, odds are your opponent is incompetent or wasn't paying attention.
    possible, but the job of a bug player is to make them get close to you, as well.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Librarian

not a nid player the only models i have are the stealers from my spae hulk game but i always looked at nids as being very similar to orks, which i do have. So me being the orkarboss that i am wonders why you guys don't simply run shooty gaunts with very mininal point upgrades. takine 3-4 of these maxed out units and having them move up the board firing as they go is staggering to face. I know you'll tell me synapse is important but honestly if your investing the points in them and then moving them up turn after turn followed by several skirmish type units then there is alot for an opponent to have to deal with let alone consider.

I would say a list running 1-2 flying tyrants for synapse backed up by1-2 flocks of those pesky gargoyles then let the rest of your list be kitted out hoe ever you please but seriously look at target saturation. if yoru taking 1-2 broods of gargoyles backed up by 3-4 broods of gaunts ontop of the flyrants there i dunno how many players will actually be able to deal with yoru army quickly enough. It's why the green tide is such an annoying and frustrating opponent to deal with. i look at it this way the more boyz you kill then the less shots you had going at other units of mine. the less shots you have at the boyz then the more boyz i have to punch you in the face with when they hit your lines. Not saying i am against the nidzilla lists they seem like they woudl be fun to deal with but honestly i would fear the death by 1000 gribblies more so.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Fair point romulous, and while you do need to be careful when constructing a tyranid list in the same way you do with an Ork list IE: don't spend points needlessly, the ork philosophy of "boyz before toyz" doesn't hold up the same way for nids, while the philosophy still whas merit it doesn't really work solely on gants without support.

For the same price as a gant an ork gets a S3T4 frame with FC that +1T and the FC (giving S4) meaning that ork boys are able to damage any unit it the game baring a few exceptions and sit at the games central toughness point. Comparatively Gants are only S&T3, now while we can buy them FC and Toxin sacs to overcome the drawbacks of the frame but at that point they are fairly expensive (Note: they aren't BAD, just not cheap)

In order to overcome this we build in our support units and our heavy hitters, relying on the gants to do damage through numbers, screen our more valuable units and tie down the opponents heavy hitters through weight of numbers.

I will be covering my thoughts on nid builds, both generally and with some "component" parts that people can tweek and pug into their own lists if they wish, but not till after I've covered the units themselves.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

When you get to Zoanthropes, I'd like you to mention that now that they're Brotherhood of Psykers that now you can keep 2 of them out of line of sight and only expose one and still get 3 Warp Lances. So, while it sucks that one Deny the Witch can stop all three attacks, I think that makes Zoanthropes more servivable.

People saying tyranids cant compete with tau or eldar or taudar is bollocks....just played a game against 3 riptides, 1 with farsight with him, 2 units of broadsides of I thimk 3 each, 3 units of kroot, a farseer and 2 units of 3 jetbikes... 3 exocrines destroyed a unitnof broadsides and crippled a riptide in 1 turn, 3 crones killed a riptide outright and I tabled him, nids are good, oh and 4 units of 3 warriors neverbgot shot at due to 2 flyrants, 3 crones and 3 exocrines harassing his lines. I like this book!!! Eldar wave serpants could be AV20 I dont care with allnthose haywire missiles I dnt believe we have anything to worry about!!

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast