BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Fly Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,437

    Default Tyrannic War Veterans Dataslate up for Pre-order

    Look what just showed up on iTunes:

    Dataslate: Tyrannic War Veterans (Interactive Edition)

    The Tyrannic War Veterans are a legendary Space Marines formation. They are a specialist strike force led by Chaplain Ortan Cassius, the Ultramarines’ Master of Sanctity. The Tyrannic War Veterans were forged out of an infamous event in the Ultramarines’ history known as the First Tyrannic War. Comprised of hardened veterans, each of whom is highly skilled in warfare against Tyranids, their powerful, disciplined strikes against numerous hive fleets have saved many worlds from destruction, often in the face of impossible odds.

    About the Book:
    This Dataslate contains the origins and development of the Tyrannic War Veterans, and explores some of their more recent missions. It also contains the full rules for fielding the Tyrannic War Veterans formation in your games of Warhammer 40,000.
    Expected Release: Jan 18, 2014
    Publisher: Games Workshop
    Seller: Games Workshop
    Print Length: 23 Pages
    Price: $7.99







    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

  2. #2

    Default

    Looks pretty cool
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  3. #3
    Librarian
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Can't let a xenos release have it's time to shine can they. Just have to push SM. Just kidding. Good tie in actually. Wonder what the rules are for these guys are.

  4. #4

    Default

    That's a horrible typo in the page up there. "...aerial defense against in the face of an assualt.."

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Can't let a xenos release have it's time to shine can they. Just have to push SM. Just kidding. Good tie in actually. Wonder what the rules are for these guys are.
    Sternguard rules and Special Ammo just allowed to field LOTS MORE lead by Chaplain Cassius
    Last edited by goldenS; 01-12-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: forgot special ammo!!!!

  6. #6

    Default

    Possible to field 10 stormtalons now 6 dataslate, 3 FA, 1 FA allied marines...10 for say 1250pts (assuming skyhammer missiles on all of them)! That's pretty ridiculous and you get the vets, what ever they may do.

  7. #7

    Default

    14 storm talons at double FOC that's crazy not amazingly effective. How many data slates can you have per detachment.

  8. #8

    Default

    I'd be interested to hear what the two Formation rules say.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dave View Post
    I'd be interested to hear what the two Formation rules say.
    Unless stated otherwise in the actual dataslate rules for the Formation, there is no limit to how many you can take (so long as you pay the points and appropriate prerequisites for the formation). So if you really wanted, you can take multiple Tau Firebase Cadre and Eldar Ghost Warrior formations. I suspect that because a special named character (Cassius) is part of this formation, that they will make a rule that you can only take one Tyrannic War Veterans Formation.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Unless stated otherwise in the actual dataslate rules for the Formation, there is no limit to how many you can take (so long as you pay the points and appropriate prerequisites for the formation). So if you really wanted, you can take multiple Tau Firebase Cadre and Eldar Ghost Warrior formations. I suspect that because a special named character (Cassius) is part of this formation, that they will make a rule that you can only take one Tyrannic War Veterans Formation.
    I meant what the "Aerial Superiority" and "Pummeled by Fire" rules say.
    "Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama
    Like my posts and ideas? Visit my Blog! http://www.dave40k.blogspot.com

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •