BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Can we expect a Tyranid FAQ fairly soon?

Correct me if I am mistaken but the new Tyranid Codex feels woefully incomplete and seems to have just invalided most fluff rules that were presented in the 5th edition FAQ

Like can your Tyranids now use emplaced weapons and occupy fortifications. I saw nothing in the rules to specify otherwise

Its details like these and making no effort to address Tyranids lack on an allied detachment that left me feeling a little meh about this codex more so than any unit or wargear changes, it just felt like new profiles were created for new models, and the book was pushed out with the least amount of thought possible.

Random Psychic table - check
    Warlord table - check
    Artifacts - check
    Flyers - check
    New Large Model - check

Only thing I didn't see was a plastic character clampack

Scout

Unhappy add this

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Correct me if I am mistaken but the new Tyranid Codex feels woefully incomplete and seems to have just invalided most fluff rules that were presented in the 5th edition FAQ

Like can your Tyranids now use emplaced weapons and occupy fortifications. I saw nothing in the rules to specify otherwise

Its details like these and making no effort to address Tyranids lack on an allied detachment that left me feeling a little meh about this codex more so than any unit or wargear changes, it just felt like new profiles were created for new models, and the book was pushed out with the least amount of thought possible.

Random Psychic table - check
    Warlord table - check
    Artifacts - check
    Flyers - check
    New Large Model - check

Only thing I didn't see was a plastic character clampack
    I think you can add :

Nerf the most popular models to increase sales of new models - check
    Nerf the most powerful abilities -check
    Ignore all prior history / replace with ??? - check

Personally I'm extremely disappointed with this codex. Literally,it looks like there's no imaginational creative talent left at GW. You're absolutely correct with your assessment.

Let's add in:

Nerf the deep-striking. ( No more Myscetic Spore. ) - Check
    Nerf the now random psychic table. - Check
    Nerf HQ units. ( Hive Tyrant no longer able to take +2 armor. ) - Check
    Nerf the best model in the book. ( Swarmlord lost re-roll ++ saves, went up in points, lost one psychic power, only has his ++4 against Melee weapons. No longer just in close combat. ) - Check

I'm extremely disappointed with this codex as well, no creativity, it's copy and paste from 5th ed. They changed crap that didn't matter, our main issues, un-usable units for example, remain un-used, and now even more models are useless. And jeez, it's like they knew I magnetized all my scything talons for my MCs, now they're worthless.

It seems nowadays GW doesn´t give a faq about FAQs.

So to answer the OP´s question: maybe this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post
    Anybody know what's up with that? For the first year of 6th, we were getting monthly updates, and then they just kinda stopped. I haven't seen anything since the FAQ updating Servo-Arms to match the SM codex.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Anybody know what's up with that? For the first year of 6th, we were getting monthly updates, and then they just kinda stopped. I haven't seen anything since the FAQ updating Servo-Arms to match the SM codex.
    They are too busy creating well thought out and play tested products like the Tyranid codex to stop and make FAQs...

Quote Originally Posted by MMM View Post

So to answer the OP´s question: maybe this decade.
    The FAQ is out. Man that decade just flew by...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

no its not, hell the january one form last year is even still up
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

Given the codex is two days old are they "frequently" asked questions?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Given the codex is two days old are they "frequently" asked questions?
    Normally I'd probably say no, but given the book.....some of these are the same questions we've been asking for a while
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast