BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Campaign Video Report - Orks vs Blood Angels 1500 pts

For those of you that like this kind of thing. Chapter 1 of our campaign - 1500 point planetstrike scenario from Imperial Armor 8 (the campaign we are currently running) - 50 registered members, narrative / campaign army lists.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zle4YRTwwQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Great Battle report and look forward to the next one.

However, a few forgotten rules could have made a difference:

BA codex: Descent of Angels: 1d6 scatter on deep strike.

Look out sir for the Librarian on the overwatch from da orks. edit:- saw on the comments below the video that this was answered

Assault marines vs. Aqua-ork mob: was a challenge refused at any point? this would have stopped the nob wiping out 2-3 marines every turn.

Biker nobs assault on the tactical marines: was wrath of the emperor done?

Sticking point for me is more of a rules conundrum:
    Fleet for assault distance on jump troops is only if the squad has NOT used their jump packs during the movement phase. Does arrival via deep strike count towards moving in the movement phase?

Battle-Brother

Looking forward to your next stage in the campaign guys Go Green!!

Quote Originally Posted by musical-fool View Post
    Great Battle report and look forward to the next one.

However, a few forgotten rules could have made a difference:

BA codex: Descent of Angels: 1d6 scatter on deep strike.

Look out sir for the Librarian on the overwatch from da orks. edit:- saw on the comments below the video that this was answered

Assault marines vs. Aqua-ork mob: was a challenge refused at any point? this would have stopped the nob wiping out 2-3 marines every turn.

Biker nobs assault on the tactical marines: was wrath of the emperor done?

Sticking point for me is more of a rules conundrum:
    Fleet for assault distance on jump troops is only if the squad has NOT used their jump packs during the movement phase. Does arrival via deep strike count towards moving in the movement phase?
    The Blood Angels player is fairly new at 40k, he's primarily a fantasy player. Month prior to setting up a video report I ask who wants to be in one, and Jon is always fun to have on a report because he is enthusiastic and is a good painter and his armies look pretty good. He didn't get to finish all of his troops for this one but overall the game was a lot of fun and highlighted an important part of the hobby that I think gets glossed over or missed: having fun.

You are right, he forgot to do a few things and has learned a few rules for next time, which is another point of doing a battle report (seeing where you screwed up!) and there were a couple of things messed up where we (they) just went with it and we looked in the rulebook later.

Looking forward to your next stage in the campaign guys Go Green!!
    Next saturday we have our campaign day - we had to split it to two stores now because we can't put everyone in one so I'm hoping to get a video of that chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Auticus View Post
    The Blood Angels player is fairly new at 40k, he's primarily a fantasy player. Month prior to setting up a video report I ask who wants to be in one, and Jon is always fun to have on a report because he is enthusiastic and is a good painter and his armies look pretty good. He didn't get to finish all of his troops for this one but overall the game was a lot of fun and highlighted an important part of the hobby that I think gets glossed over or missed: having fun.

You are right, he forgot to do a few things and has learned a few rules for next time, which is another point of doing a battle report (seeing where you screwed up!) and there were a couple of things messed up where we (they) just went with it and we looked in the rulebook later.

Next saturday we have our campaign day - we had to split it to two stores now because we can't put everyone in one so I'm hoping to get a video of that chaos
    This is the way we play in our group. Anyone remember the exact rule? No? Can it be decided on a d6 roll 4+ means we go with ruling A. No again? Play on and refer to book later!
    I appreciate some players aren't as experienced (I include myself in this lot) as others but find it helpful others pointing out mistakes, oubliettes, etc.

How many games do you have planned in the campaign?

Yeah I'm more of a guy that knows that something weird will come up and I'm not too concerned if we get it wrong if it can't be figured out in a couple of minutes. We just move on and look it up later.

The campaign lasts six months. The rules pack etc can be found on [url]www.louisvillewargaming.com[/url] under the event it explains how it all works. This is working with Imperial Armor 8. There is a podcast and youtube videos with fiction as well linked up there.