BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Any good way to find out about open tournaments? (Maybe vancouver area?)

Hey guys just wondering best way to find out about "open" tournaments, as in anyone could play in it. I live in a town of 200k which I don't think does any public tournaments (the only real warhammer hobby store here doesn't have any events for any atleast) However im wondering where I might be able to find out about some, I live close to Vancouver (3 hours out) but i'd travel for a good tournament sometime for sure with a buddy

Quote Originally Posted by knighter View Post
    Hey guys just wondering best way to find out about "open" tournaments, as in anyone could play in it. I live in a town of 200k which I don't think does any public tournaments (the only real warhammer hobby store here doesn't have any events for any atleast) However im wondering where I might be able to find out about some, I live close to Vancouver (3 hours out) but i'd travel for a good tournament sometime for sure with a buddy
    I don't know which direction you are out, but if you are up for a little longer drive, there is an active 40K community with monthly tournaments in Bellingham, WA. Do a search for the Bellingham Warhamsters if you are interested.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks! Dam how is it more popular in a city with 90k than the city i'm in of 200k... but in all fairness Kelowna is like one of the wealthiest cities in North america and its a beach city lol dont get me wrong I love the beach stuff, just wish some warhammer players too ^_^

I used to be in a fairly active group here in the Seattle area between you two (more specifically the east side of Lake Washington), but then our game store closed down and I am not sure where everyone migrated too.

I would love to get back into it more... I haven't gotten very many games of 6th Ed. in and feel like I am missing a lot =\

Brother-Sergeant

Me and a small group (5) of friends played alot over winter break, but as we are all university student's we all live in different places during the school year

Hell, I even have a 6x4 game table in my house, in a dedicated game room... and enough room in the garage for a 2nd 6x4...

Some friends and I are trying to start up a campaign just to get some interest going again

Brother-Sergeant

Where is a good place to read about how campaigns work? ?