BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psychics

Chapter-Master

Default Psychics

I am totally without my rulebook, and I cannot remember...

May a psyker cast the same power multiple times, successfully? Not successfully?
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Occuli Imperator

BRB p 67 "A psyker cannot attempt to manifest the same psychic power mor than once each turn"
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

good to know!

Chaplain

In a similar vein: the Brotherhood of Psyker's rule is new to me as a Tyranid player. Coupled with the Psychic Brood rule, does that mean that regardless of the number of Zoanthropes present, the whole unit is treated as a MLvl2 Psker, and thus may only expend 2 warp charges per turn?

Since you cannot cast more than one of the same power per turn this certainly limits the secondary power usage, but it would streamline WarpBlast into a single psychic test, and a single DTW the way I see it...

Dlatrex, you're quite right.

Except Zoanthropes add to the shots of the Warp Blast. If there's one Zoanthrope, it's Assault 1. 2? Assault 2. 3? Assault 3. But only ever a single psychic test, and thus a single deny the witch.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Right: omitted, but obviously beyond the ablative wounds, the extra Zoey's DO still contribute to the warpblast. ;-)

Chapter-Master

Overall, the Zoans have been improved upon from the previous codex. They are more likely to get their warp blast off, and if you don't want to use warp blast(!?!?!) you can use a second power.

I thought that Zoans had been nerfed a bit since before each one was a ML1 psyker that generated two powers? That way you could get a rather large spread of powers for the unit that each could cast at a different target (barring witchfires of course).

Slight tangent, but do you cast psychic powers before testing for instinctive behavior? Both say at the beginning of the turn before movement, but if seems a bit pointless to have a power that extends synapse range if you have to test for instinctive behavior first...

If it's your turn, and two things happen at the same time (e.g., both "at the beginning of the turn before movement") then you get to decide which step resolves before the other. So you can decide that you do all your instinctive behavior tests first, or the other way around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast