BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

I'd say... Make a warrior list for smaller games. See what happens.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

What about an army centered around 9 Warriors each with Boneswords, Adrenal Glands, and Flesh Hooks? Only 486 points... -_-

They can outflank if I take a Hive Tyrant, but I'm not sure if I want 50% of my army in reserve, or even tied into a single unit. Maybe something like this:

HQ
    Deathleaper 130

Elites
    2 Hive Guard 110
    2 Hive Guard 110
    2 Lictors 100

Troops
    5 Warriors 220
    -Rending Claws, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Flesh Hooks

3 Warriors 110
    -Scything Talons, 2 Deathspitters, 1 Venom Cannon

3 Warriors 110

3 Warriors 110

TOTAL: 1,000

What do you guys think of this list? It's not super competitive, but I think it could hold its own. I really like Deathleaper and the Lictors for disruption. Plus the 2nd ed Lictors are awesome models :P
    Last edited by Chexmix282; 01-15-2014 at 11:53 AM.

EDIT: This is a comment to something on page 1 of the thread; I had no idea it would kick the post to the end where it didn't really make sense with the conversation anymore. Guess that's what you get from someone who doesn't post on forums much!

Sadly, the fluff is getting missed because we're all so disappointed with the army list, but it is the best part of the Codex (always my favorite part anyway, but in this book the difference between the well-written fluff and ho-hum army list really stands out).

Worth a read, though. It's quite good!

Too bad they somehow revised the fluff really well and yet missed the fact that genestealers needed assault grenades and Trygon holes needed to be more reliable...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix282 View Post
    What about an army centered around 9 Warriors each with Boneswords, Adrenal Glands, and Flesh Hooks? Only 486 points... -_-

They can outflank if I take a Hive Tyrant, but I'm not sure if I want 50% of my army in reserve, or even tied into a single unit. Maybe something like this:

HQ
    Deathleaper 130

Elites
    2 Hive Guard 110
    2 Hive Guard 110
    2 Lictors 100

Troops
    5 Warriors 220
    -Rending Claws, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Flesh Hooks

3 Warriors 110

3 Warriors 110

3 Warriors 110

TOTAL: 1,000

What do you guys think of this list? It's not super competitive, but I think it could hold its own. I really like Deathleaper and the Lictors for disruption. Plus the 2nd ed Lictors are awesome models :P
    Switch to barbed stranglers. You have the hive guard for high str. Ow you need to make sure you can kill enough little guys.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I like the idea of Barbed Stranglers on the Warriors. Here's my new 1,750 list, which I think is a definite improvement over the first version on page one:

HQ
    Hive Tyrant 225
    -Heavy Venom Cannon, Bonesword & Lashwhip, Hive Commander

Deathleaper 130

Elites
    3 Hive Guard 165
    3 Hive Guard 165

Troops
    Tervigon 195

30 Termagants 120

3 Warriors 100
    -Barbed Strangler
    3 Warriors 100
    -Barbed Strangler

Fast Attack
    Hive Crone 155

6 Spore Mines 30

Heavy Support
    Carnifex 140
    -Adrenal Glands, Spine Banks
    Carnifex 140
    Carnifex 140

Total: 1,750

First-Captain

Looking at your list gives my ideals for a Lictor/ Genestealer list. Would be cool to have Ravengers, Trygons, and Mawlocks in such a list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Looking at your list gives my ideals for a Lictor/ Genestealer list. Would be cool to have Ravengers, Trygons, and Mawlocks in such a list as well.
    I've been thinking of this as well. I wish Genestealers would get something to make them more useful, though. It seems like the only thing they are good at is dying, lol.

I LOVE the new rules for Lictor and Deathleaper though. There will be some great combos coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    I'm pretty sure the bunker counts as Tyranids. Someone better back up this statement.
    "Spore Cloud: All friendly models from Codex: Tyranids that are within 6" of at least one Venomthrope have the Shrouded special rule." p.47

The bunker is not from Codex: Tyranids, so it does not receive Shrouded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123