BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    (even the bunker!)
    Friendly models from Codex: Tyranids only.

Brother-Captain

The codex is good, there are just a few disappointments like Genestealers (not including Broodlord), Tyranid Primes, Pyrovores, Trygon's tunnel Warlord Traits and Artefacts. Granted the last two don't really bother me, but I felt I should mention them. Oh and while the Tervigon needed nerfing, they probably went a little overboard. Not horrifically, but still that little too far.

Other than those things, (and the bizarrely two-wounded 'Guard' who are huge) it's a really good codex. Relatively few things overall when you think about it. Genestealers and the tunnel are pretty major flaws, but otherwise a good, fun book.

I like the book myself. I think they broke the monotony of the last codex's only power build by giving us a few new things to play with... We have useable Carnifexes now! My Screamer-Killers are happy to hit the table again.

I have a question for my fellow nid-heads... If you had 18 of the awful, 1st edition Tyranid Warriors, what would you do with them? I have 12 that are unpainted and unassembled, and I am thinking of converting them (tastefully, of course) into Hive Guard or Venomthropes.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    Friendly models from Codex: Tyranids only.
    I'm pretty sure the bunker counts as Tyranids. Someone better back up this statement.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix282 View Post
    I like the book myself. I think they broke the monotony of the last codex's only power build by giving us a few new things to play with... We have useable Carnifexes now! My Screamer-Killers are happy to hit the table again.

I have a question for my fellow nid-heads... If you had 18 of the awful, 1st edition Tyranid Warriors, what would you do with them? I have 12 that are unpainted and unassembled, and I am thinking of converting them (tastefully, of course) into Hive Guard or Venomthropes.
    I would clearly mail them to me

Chapter-Master

You would send them to me. I'll use 'em because I love the old models.

Chaplain

I'm pretty sure the bunker counts as Tyranids. Someone better back up this statement.
    I think there's difficulty in that since the bunker is not found in Codex: Tyranids...

Chapter-Master

yeah, but I think someone needs to check and find out whether or not the Fortification counts as coming from your codex.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegwymourn View Post
    I would clearly mail them to me
    You would send them to me. I'll use 'em because I love the old models.
    Not gonna happen, unless you have some 2nd ed Termagants to trade

And just to clarify; I DO really like these models, but I can't take 18 Tyranid Warriors in an army list. I'm trying to think of ways to tastefully convert them so my 2nd ed army can have access to the newer unit without having them look very out of place.

Brother-Captain

Agreed, I love Carnifexes being back in business.

As for the Warriors... feed them to your new pretties.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast