BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Ravenguard Vanguard killteam list - HELP NEEDED (free cookies)

Hey all,

since we started a Kill team league at our local gameshop i decided to dust off my old ravenguard and start a themed vanguard list. Now i now that vanguards are not that competative but it seems like fun to play with. (or at least i might win painting and themed army)

I having problems fitting them with some kickarse weaponry, tho the options are limited.

Here is what i came up with and i would really like some input on the list.
    My aim is to maximize attacks, even when out numbered by orks/nids and IG

List 1:
    * Veteran Sergeant - 2x Lightning Claw, Jumppack (Leader)
    * Veteran - Chainsword, Plasma Pistol, Jumppack (Prefered enemy)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, Jumppack (instant death)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, Jumppack (Fleshbane)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Power Maul, Jumppack

more themed because of claws. Problem im having with this list that im not able to max my attacks. but get [shred] on
    all of my guys.

List 2:
    * Veteran Sergeant - Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Jumppack (Leader)
    * Veteran - Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol, Jumppack (Prefered enemy)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Jumppack (instant death)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Jumppack (Fleshbane)
    * Veteran - Bolt Pistol, Lightning Claw, Jumppack

Also im a bit lost on the USR's to give to the members. Prefered enemy seems to work sweet on the plasma gunner, also instant kill seems a nice one in this list, same goes with fleshbane.
    Last edited by olberon; 01-14-2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: got kill and death confused :)

I like the theme very fluffy and very fast moving. Only thing is how will you close the distance to get into close combat. I would drop the claws and go with storm shields for the added benefit of the invulnerable save. Also I do not think (instant kill) is a USR that is available in the new kill team rules. I may be wrong though since I do not have my epub version on this computer, but it doesn't sound familiar.

Fleshbane, Armorbane, and Preferred Enemy are great USR's. I tend to use the more shooty associated USR's Since I have a Dark Eldar Kill Team. In my experience I have found that Shooty trumps assault in Kill Team games unless you have a board that is covered in terrain like a cities of death where cover saves abound.

But overall I like the idea of the Vanguard Ravens. I look forward to seeing how they play out for you. Also I just love Kill Team games as a whole. Kill Team games trump my love for larger games any day.