BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wall o'Fexes!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by AdamHarry View Post
    Yeah I was mixing up my assault and shooting. For shooting its closest model (not talking about IC look out sit stuff). In close combat once you start assigning wounds you keep assigning wounds until the model is dead or the wound pool is empty. It's page 25. (Again, not going into IC look out sir stuff)

But yes, rotating your fexes vs shooting is the way to do it.

In combat it's all over. Would have to kill them all.

Aye, but my thinking is that the 'Fexes cover the advance in which you get swarmed by the overwhelming numbers of the smaller gribblies. Nothing is better at taking down tough units than a metric crap-ton of dice.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by interrogator_chaplain View Post
    Aye, but my thinking is that the 'Fexes cover the advance in which you get swarmed by the overwhelming numbers of the smaller gribblies. Nothing is better at taking down tough units than a metric crap-ton of dice.
    Yeah try dealing with 180 gaunts in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Don't you mean ~25% chance? They have fail a Ld check first, then the 50% comes up...
    50% chance they fail their leadership test at Ld7, which prevents them from shooting no matter what. Then there's a 50% that they also turn on each other.

hitting themselves really isn´t a worry for ´fexes, since they have an armour save that´s actually worth mentioning... they´ll maybe do a wound to themselves, which you can assign whereever you want, so the risk of actually losing a model to that is minimal
    It's not the hitting eachother part that will screw you over, it's the "After resolving casualties, if any, the unit can do nothing else until the end of its turn."

So not only are you not shooting and possibly getting wounds, you're also dead in the water. You can't move, you can't shoot, you can't assault; you're going to be looking at three pretty models sitting there looking awesome but getting nothing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    I partially agree with that, the wound pool should empty as soon as there are no more models in range on the weapon fired, technically a bolter and fired all the way across the board. But I'm happy with wounds being taken on models only in LOS (with the exception of blasts) and wounds taken from closest.
    Nope, always maximimize casualties, regardless of closest / range / LOS. It's not like there's a force field that stops, or idiots don't poke their heads out from behind the wall.

However, you always let the defender choose which models to pull. Someone will pick up the special gun or whatever. But everyone around him is still dying.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    50% chance they fail their leadership test at Ld7, which prevents them from shooting no matter what. Then there's a 50% that they also turn on each other.
    Its actually 41.7% chance, not 50%.

So ultimately you have an approximate 20.9% chance for the "bad end" when out of synapse with carnifexes. The other outcomes on the instinctual behavior force them to charge the nearest enemy unit with or without rage right? By the time they're either out of synapse or the synapse is dead (if you're doing it right) they should be in charge range of something. And if the enemy decided to focus down the synapse at the cost of trying to wound the carnifexes they've got an 80% chance of a fresh from the locker room offensive line of carnifexes crashing into them like middle aged housewives backstage at a Dave Matthews concert.

or something.

Either way I think the idea for this list is to stretch the DISTRACTION CARNIFEX concept to an unreasonable extent anyways, and the cool thing about the distraction carnifex is that even if it doesn't wind up distracting anyone... its still a carnifex. (and now a cheaper one at that.)

First-Captain

I think people are forgetting a Tyranids Prime is woth the Carnifexes and you have two plus look out sirs. Which means IB is not as bad as you are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Theik View Post
    Large carnifex broods sound fun in theory, but as soon as your synapse gets blasted away you will have a 50% chance every turn that you won't be able to shoot. On top of that, you have a 50% chance that if they don't get to shoot they will also try to kill their own unit.
    Not only that, but venomthropes are a trap. There's way too much cover ignoring shooting to think that they will live for long and the assault death stars won't care about the cover save either (or the carnifexes).
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Its actually 41.7% chance, not 50%.

So ultimately you have an approximate 20.9% chance for the "bad end" when out of synapse with carnifexes.
    Oh, so it's only a 1 in 5 chance of them killing themselves. That's not bad at all .
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast