BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall o'Fexes!

Default Wall o'Fexes!

So I got to talking with my friend last night over the new 'Nid 'Dex and I got to thinking that the Carnifex spam is looking like a viable option. While it's apparently not as tough as 4th, I get a feeling that if you put 9 Carnifexes with regeneration in Heavy Support and ran them in a "Shield Wall" style formation backed up by Venomthropes to give them a 5+ cover ("But feels like an Invulnerable") save, then follow it by your little gribblies and synapse beasts then you've got a fairly viable combination going.

My thinking:
    CCCCCCCCC
    ..V....V....V..
    TTTT.S.TTTT
    TTTT....TTTT
    TTTT.S.TTTT
    TTTT....TTTT

C = Carnifex
    V = Venomthrope
    T = Termagaunt
    S = Synapse
    . = open space

Anyone who wants to shoot at the Venomthropes are going to need to get past a 2+ cover save (+2 for Shrouded and +5 cover for being behind another unit) and everything else is getting a 5+ cover save except maybe the back synapse creature. Everything running forwards could do a hell of a lot of damage even with taking a few casualties in the run up to the enemy lines.

Sure there are a few weakness's to it, you wouldn't want to run into any demolisher cannons in a shady back ally, who would? But you'd still get the cover save. Tau would give you a whole lot of problems ignoring your cover, so that's a problem. The list isn't terribly practical running up to about 1300 points for a full compliment of Carnifexes with regeneration and Venomthropes. So you'll probably need a 2000 point game to get it up and running.

So what say you Hive Mind?

Chapter-Master

Probably shouldn't waste points on Regeneration. People will just focus on one MC at a time until it dies, and you'll be spending like 300pts on an upgrade you might get to use once or twice as a result. Also, put a line of Gargoyles up front, for a 3+ cover on you MCs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Right now, what can do that better and cheaper is whats called the "super miget" death star, which it a Tyranid prime in with 3 Tyrant Gaurd. So, So for the price of 2 Carnifexes you've got 4 1" tall models that are essesually a mini Tyrant in with 3 mini Fexes, that can take a Trygon tunnel and and are easally hidden.

That's a good idea, but they're a brood, so can they target one individually? They can target one brood individually but you can spread the wounds around, can you not?

Quote Originally Posted by interrogator_chaplain View Post
    That's a good idea, but they're a brood, so can they target one individually? They can target one brood individually but you can spread the wounds around, can you not?
    Yes, with Look out sir! you can put the Tyranid Prime up front and get the 5th ed wound allocation bs.

First-Captain

Only problem is seeker missiles towards the Venomthorpes. If you could block line of sight to the Venomthorpes it would work well. I would say daemons and chaos used to be a problem since they could move models.

Anyway I was thinking hive guard with Venomthorpes doing the same thing .

There's just something about the spam list that doesn't we'll right in this codex, I think this book is base around using 1 unit of each and having tones of answers to any unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    There's just something about the spam list that doesn't we'll right in this codex, I think this book is base around using 1 unit of each and having tones of answers to any unit.
    Goatboy is gonna struggle to make a list from it then

Chapter-Master

For all the crap idiots on the internet give him, goatboy is a very good player, and he tends to think outside the box. He's got as good of odds as anyone of finding a decent list.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Broodingman87 View Post
    No if you do not have redundancy in your lists your going to lose and lose hard, pretty much everything in the book is far to fragile to be relied on solo baring the biovores (range) and tyrannofex (still drops to plasma like a *****)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast