BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Oh... god please don't mess up the new orks codex too...

So, after I watching some reviews of the new tyranids codex and then having read it myself my heart sank. It was like a tyranid invasion where my feelings of despair and horror kept getting worse after each page I turned. Now it has to be said that the codex just came out and still has to be tested thoroughly to really give a good judgement, but you don't have to be a rocketscientist to know that removing units things from the codex (ie the doom), nerfing, limiting options as a means to balance, really isn't a good way to make an army fun to play. The tyranids really needed a boost and I think what they got is a kick in the teeth instead. In my opinion we won't be seeing much of them in the tournament setting and many a casual nids player will just sigh as they put away their spore pods and doom to collect dust on that wooden shelf of broken dreams.

I am a fervent orks player. It was the first army I played in both fantasy and 40k and I absolutely LOVE them. In 40k they currently are one of the last books to receive an update for the new edition. I was anxiously awaiting this up because they too, even though I think they can really hold their own with the current codex, could use a boost. But now I am dreading the new codex because of the complete and utter nutering of each and every tyranid's toxin sac. Oh god please do not do to the orks the same lazy and uninspired writing that you did to the nids...

What do you guys think? Will the ork codex be ruined and shunned? Will ork players cry as riptides and wraithknights high five? Or will we see GW redeem itself by delivering a inspiring, innovating codex that challenges ork players with tough decisions, worthwile units, and just a great feeling and a hearty whaaaagh! in the the throat of every greenskin?

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Murd0cK View Post
    So, after I watching some reviews of the new tyranids codex and then having read it myself my heart sank. It was like a tyranid invasion where my feelings of despair and horror kept getting worse after each page I turned. Now it has to be said that the codex just came out and still has to be tested thoroughly to really give a good judgement, but you don't have to be a rocketscientist to know that removing units things from the codex (ie the doom), nerfing, limiting options as a means to balance, really isn't a good way to make an army fun to play. The tyranids really needed a boost and I think what they got is a kick in the teeth instead. In my opinion we won't be seeing much of them in the tournament setting and many a casual nids player will just sigh as they put away their spore pods and doom to collect dust on that wooden shelf of broken dreams.

I am a fervent orks player. It was the first army I played in both fantasy and 40k and I absolutely LOVE them. In 40k they currently are one of the last books to receive an update for the new edition. I was anxiously awaiting this up because they too, even though I think they can really hold their own with the current codex, could use a boost. But now I am dreading the new codex because of the complete and utter nutering of each and every tyranid's toxin sac. Oh god please do not do to the orks the same lazy and uninspired writing that you did to the nids...

What do you guys think? Will the ork codex be ruined and shunned? Will ork players cry as riptides and wraithknights high five? Or will we see GW redeem itself by delivering a inspiring, innovating codex that challenges ork players with tough decisions, worthwile units, and just a great feeling and a hearty whaaaagh! in the the throat of every greenskin?
    Good luck. You'll need it.

4 out of the last 5 have been very good... Orks are a random army supposedly, you now have an 80% chance to be good!

Maybe people can stop *****ing, play some ****ing games and shut the **** up about a book that was released five days ago. L2Play n00bs. ZOMGZ when I run in a straight linez my Nidz all diez, whyz Nidz so bad against TAU!!!AAADADKNDSKJH

Can't beat down orks jus' by ruining da kodex!

Green is mean and ain't nuffin gonna change dat! Not if dey push Boyz up to ten points, not if dey disappear Wazdakka, not even if dey make em all lose an attack!

SAY IT WIV ME!
    WAAAAAAAAAGH!

You can't nerf greenness son.

If anything Nids are encouraging for us toothy warbosses, they really went over it with a light touch and didn't really make any drastic changes. They added a few "necessary" (flyers) things and a few "nice" (haruspex et. al.) things, adjusted some points values and voila.

Obviously Nid fans were hoping for much more as the majority were highly displeased with their old codex, but I'd wager that most of us Ork players were rather satisfied with our last incarnation, and if all we get are some tweaks here and there we'll still be largely happy, especially if we can get some fluffy supplements to ally with.

(basically fix Flash Gits, add a few more options to the equipment list and get outta da way WAAAGH!)

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Can't beat down orks jus' by ruining da kodex!

Green is mean and ain't nuffin gonna change dat! Not if dey push Boyz up to ten points, not if dey disappear Wazdakka, not even if dey make em all lose an attack!

SAY IT WIV ME!
    WAAAAAAAAAGH!
    Wot dis git sed.

Chaplain

In the end, there's no sense in worrying about the ork codex for the next 6-12 months. You'll just depress yourself. There will be plenty of time for wailing, rending clothes, and gnashing of teeth once the rumors start flowing.

Well... the current Ork dex ain't bad at all (aside from some questionable units I guess).

If they were to make a new Ork book bad, I'd say they were deliberately trying to make it worse, and not trying to "fix" it, which I feel they tried to do with nids... just failed horribly. And by deliberately making it worse it would be something like... Orks cost the amount of points of a Space marine and just have all their stats halved. That's not fixing, thats sabotage, lol.

I'm however waiting on some nice (preferably video) battle reports with the new nids codex to see how it actually plays... because you know, on paper tends to be slightly different than "in practice"
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

Tyranids aren't as bad as the 3 or 4 "Internet Celebrities" of the 40K community would have you believe, remember, there is more page views and ad revenue in slagging off a codex than saying it looks solid with lots of options for different builds, its a good, fluffy codex which will let you play some really fun games. Also ignore the tournament folks, they want to win tournaments, so they're not going to share any new tactics or exploits they see, especially ones that would counter the new army they just spent a few thousand dollars getting built and painted for them.

Orks will be good, there will be loads of fun stuff in there, they've always been a bit out there and had lots of random effects compared to the other armies, so now that random is the new hotness, they'll likely have even more, plus, no one will moan about them not having access to the book powers because they never did!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast