BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Phased Reinforcement ?

Hi i was woundering how phased reinforcement work...since u have the choice on deep striking in the enemy turn if one of your units couldn't deep strike because of a bad roll can you deep strike once its your turn ?
    example : My enemy start turn 2: he deep strike everything he could...now i want to deep strike my stuff at hes turn but some of them couldn't deep strike cause i roll 1 or 2..once its my turn can i try to deep strike again ? or its only once per round ?

I'm not sure if there's a special rule I'm ignorant of, but under ordinary circumstances, you can't deep strike on the enemy's turn. Am I just behind the times, guys?

Chapter-Master

It's a Necron unit's special rule. I have no clue how it works, specifically, but in general instead of rolling for reserves, when your opponent brings in a unit from reserves, your unit also comes on automatically. Or something like that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

If you're referring to Deathmarks' "Ethereal Interception" rule, it works like this:

A unit of Deathmarks starts the game in reserve, intending to Deep Strike. Starting turn two, on their own turn, they begin to roll to come in from reserve whether they want to or not. There's no choice about it.

Every time an enemy unit arrives from Deep Strike - even if it's before turn two, even if it's on the enemy's turn - the Deathmarks can choose to Deep Strike immediately, without rolling (even if it's the enemy's turn). If they don't, when their turn comes around again, they roll to come in from reserve whether they want to or not, just like normal.

Brother-Sergeant

I assume you mean the "Ethereal Interception" rule from page 36 for the Necron Codex. If your Deathmarks suffer a mishap you roll on the "Deepstrike Mishap" chart on page 36 of the main rulebook. If you roll a 1 then they just die. If you roll a 2-3 then you opponent places your Deathmarks anywhere he wants. If you roll a 4-6 then you go into "Ongoing Reserves" (page 125 of the main rulebook) and are forced to automatically Deep Strike at the beginning of your next turn. The only way to use Ethereal Interception again is if another one of your opponent's units arrives from reserve before the beginning of your next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's a Necron unit's special rule. I have no clue how it works, specifically, but in general instead of rolling for reserves, when your opponent brings in a unit from reserves, your unit also comes on automatically. Or something like that.
    Its a rule used by Necron Deathmarks - If your opponent brings in any units from reserve, the Deathmarks can come in via Deepstrike immediately. It could be a very fun rule - but you can't move or shoot during your opponents turn. The Deep Strike rules state you can shoot but not move the turn you come in - however, I have never played anywhere that would allow it during your opponents turn.

If they had allowed them to shoot as soon as they came in, it would be fun - I think this is the way it was intended, but the follow-up FAQ never appeared - in typical GW fashion...

One of the HQ models (NZ) has a similar rule...

Hope this helps.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstorm View Post
    If they had allowed them to shoot as soon as they came in, it would be fun - I think this is the way it was intended, but the follow-up FAQ never appeared - in typical GW fashion...
    I don't actually think that's true. A Deathmark's weapon is rapid fire, which under 5th edition rules would have restricted it to firing half range if the Deathmark deep struck normally. Ethereal Interception allowed a Deathmark to deep strike on the opponent's turn, so that when the Deathmark's turn came around, it could fire its weapon at full range. In 6th edition this is irrelevant because moving no longer shortens the range of a rapid fire weapon, but in 5th edition it certainly was.

Battle-Brother

Nemesor Zandrekh (Necron Codex) has this rule and if your opponent has reserves come on you may immediately place as many of your deep striking units on the board as you wish. This can't fail as they come on automatically. So your question is based on an impossible situation.

Yeah sorry i wasnt precise on wich HQ that abilities was NEmesor Zandrekh...Thank you Metal i thought i had to roll to see if they were coming in

It used to be aces when you could DS Nightscythes. Enemy brings in something, you bring in 5 NS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast