BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Somebody is going to get a Chapter House slap on the wrist unless GW started handing out hall passes.

These look fantastic, good job!

I hadn't planned on doing a Daemons army yet, more in a year or so but those "not-Greater Daemons" looks gorgeous. Especially liking the "not-Lord of Change", it looks like it fits much better into the line of current Tzeentch sculpts with all those mouths and eyeballs.

Veteran-Sergeant

Amazing minis! It are the first dragon minis who are in my view absolute perfect. Love your work. I normally never contribute to a kick starter but will make a exception for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarga View Post
    These look fantastic, good job!

I hadn't planned on doing a Daemons army yet, more in a year or so but those "not-Greater Daemons" looks gorgeous. Especially liking the "not-Lord of Change", it looks like it fits much better into the line of current Tzeentch sculpts with all those mouths and eyeballs.
    Why does everyone keep comparing these to GW sculpts. These sculpts are obviously created from ideas far more inspired than anything GW has come up with in years. These folks at CC (previously UF) have a unique view of monsters in the world of fantasy miniature wargaming, and they should be congratulated for it. They should most assuredly not be compared to a company that hasn't done anything successfully since 1996 (with the exception of bullying throughout the industry).

Jeremy, good on you for all you accomplished at UltraForge, and all you continue to accomplish with your sculpting efforts. You're a boon to the industry. Keep up the good work.

live long and prosper.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Somebody is going to get a Chapter House slap on the wrist unless GW started handing out hall passes.
    They did everything themselves, from scratch, so GW can't touch them. GW doesn't own the rights to model form unless it is identical to their own product. Ergo even if it seems similar, it's not applicable for a lawsuit. Which let me qualify that by saying GW would probably try to bring it to a court if they like, but they wouldn't win because of the reason I stated above. They don't hold patents on model form, just their IP, so they have to sit there and stew.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    They did everything themselves, from scratch, so GW can't touch them. GW doesn't own the rights to model form unless it is identical to their own product. Ergo even if it seems similar, it's not applicable for a lawsuit. Which let me qualify that by saying GW would probably try to bring it to a court if they like, but they wouldn't win because of the reason I stated above. They don't hold patents on model form, just their IP, so they have to sit there and stew.
    Pretty much what I was going to say.

I just wanted to add that the reason GW went after Chapterhouse was that Chapterhouse was using the specific names of GW products, that GW had a copyright or trademark on (I can't remember which is which.).

Oh, and these models look absolutely fantastic!

I'll definitely be there at midnight, just... what expression is Arushnee supposed to have? Cause I see "dumbfounded" or "gawking"

There is nothing particularly GW/FWesque about Arushnee. One third of the correct number of breasts for a KoS for a start and I could find as many visual cues from Kerrigan to asari and elswhere than to GW/FW models.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lolifex_Melee.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	6767

Maybe a lolifex conversion is in order?

Gosh, I'd kill for some bone sword knickers like that.

'Hey, show us your...'
    *decapitate*
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast