BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Disgruntled Imperial Guard Player (and minor musings)

Why is it that mahreen get the first data sheet that follows the nid codex, It should have been a Tyranid sheet or Eldar or IG. Tyranid Vet should have been done with the mahreen codex.

But at least one can hope that GW will release something nice for nid players for a change, some time soon with luck.

I guess I am getting frustrated knowing that IG will be updated this edition (and probably soon) and wanting to know whether or not the ideas for my army will work out. I am thinking of buying some Salamanders (the IG vehicle), but don't see the point with a codex expected to drop some time fairly soon (probably sooner that it will take for me to put together and paint the Salamanders), and add to that wanting to know if the Malcador has been rolled in (one can hope, nothing said can change that).

And now I think I am going to have to tidy up because I want to paint something up... so much for a chilled weekend.

There seems little point in producing a data sheet that might soon be rendered obsolete by a new codex.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Or they could use it to test the veteran rules, to test a Catachan supplement, they could have even used it to show case some Eldar v Nids as in the fluff... but nooo, it was another mahreen supplement.

The boys in blue are getting tiresome.

Anyway, we know they have Genestealer cult rules from a campaign GW held last year, they would have been the ideal first data sheet or supplement.
    Last edited by Renegade; 01-18-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edited for editing

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The boys in blue are getting tiresome.
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up". I mean, we're getting a new codex in less than two months (maybe 3 if they decide to be shifty about it) and they are likely going to be giving me back my baret-wearing stormtroopers/veterans. I'm happy as a clam to wait and see.

Also, since this game has always had a foundation of being about the "boys in blue," I imagine that you're going to be tired for a long, long time to come.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up". I mean, we're getting a new codex in less than two months (maybe 3 if they decide to be shifty about it) and they are likely going to be giving me back my baret-wearing stormtroopers/veterans. I'm happy as a clam to wait and see.
    Sure, and the boy in blue recently had a codex come out with lots of supplements.

Also, since this game has always had a foundation of being about the "boys in blue," I imagine that you're going to be tired for a long, long time to come.
    But never in quite as bad taste the rather mundane Tyranid codex, where is the data slate for Papa Smurf killing Avatar of Khaine or Iron Warrior Tyranid puppets?

Brother-Captain

As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up".
    For this is the essence of the Guard.

Librarian

guard will get their fair share of pastic crack with the new codex when it is released. and you do realize that it is the boyz in blue the allow for everyone else to get their shiny kits right? Marine sales as a whole are what allows for the development of other kits and for continued development of 40k. So i say yes please marines marines marines and please buy their data slates. if marine sales do well that will allow for the development of guard, eldar, andv tau ect.

Can I ask where the info comes from about the new IG codex coming out within the next few months, is that definitely on or just rumour.

Chapter-Master

You lost me when you said something about "imperial guard" and "complaining about a codex". The guard codex has been good to great for two editions. You should expect to met with the same derision as when myself or other wolf players complain that we don't have a flier.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Carnell View Post
    Can I ask where the info comes from about the new IG codex coming out within the next few months, is that definitely on or just rumour.
    They have had several newsflashes here and on Faeit212 about the release dates. IG is coming out in March (they are marching in you could say) and then Orks will be out in May most likely.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast