BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Disgruntled Imperial Guard Player (and minor musings)

Why is it that mahreen get the first data sheet that follows the nid codex, It should have been a Tyranid sheet or Eldar or IG. Tyranid Vet should have been done with the mahreen codex.

But at least one can hope that GW will release something nice for nid players for a change, some time soon with luck.

I guess I am getting frustrated knowing that IG will be updated this edition (and probably soon) and wanting to know whether or not the ideas for my army will work out. I am thinking of buying some Salamanders (the IG vehicle), but don't see the point with a codex expected to drop some time fairly soon (probably sooner that it will take for me to put together and paint the Salamanders), and add to that wanting to know if the Malcador has been rolled in (one can hope, nothing said can change that).

And now I think I am going to have to tidy up because I want to paint something up... so much for a chilled weekend.

There seems little point in producing a data sheet that might soon be rendered obsolete by a new codex.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Or they could use it to test the veteran rules, to test a Catachan supplement, they could have even used it to show case some Eldar v Nids as in the fluff... but nooo, it was another mahreen supplement.

The boys in blue are getting tiresome.

Anyway, we know they have Genestealer cult rules from a campaign GW held last year, they would have been the ideal first data sheet or supplement.
    Last edited by Renegade; 01-18-2014 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edited for editing

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up". I mean, we're getting a new codex in less than two months (maybe 3 if they decide to be shifty about it) and they are likely going to be giving me back my baret-wearing stormtroopers/veterans. I'm happy as a clam to wait and see.

Also, since this game has always had a foundation of being about the "boys in blue," I imagine that you're going to be tired for a long, long time to come.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Or they could use it to test the veteran rules, to test a Catachan supplement, they could have even used it to show case some Eldar v Nids as in the fluff... but nooo, it was another mahreen supplement.

Anyway, we know they have Genestealer cult rules from a campaign GW held last year, they would have been the ideal first data sheet or supplement.
    Why test the rules on the general public?

Majority of feedback is as follows.

Scissors overpowered, Rock fine. Sincerely, Paper.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Why is it that mahreen get the first data sheet that follows the nid codex, It should have been a Tyranid sheet or Eldar or IG. Tyranid Vet should have been done with the mahreen codex.
    According to my WD, Tyranids are also getting a dataslate ("Tyranid Vanguard"). Problem solved?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Scissors overpowered, Rock fine. Sincerely, Paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    According to my WD, Tyranids are also getting a dataslate ("Tyranid Vanguard"). Problem solved?
    This is from Eddie:
    Quote Originally Posted by Games Workshop: Digital Editions
    The Tyrannic War Veterans might have their work cut out for them next week though, as book one in a brand new Tyrannid Dataslate trilogy is released. The first instalment, Vanguard, deals with the insidious first wave of Tyranid attackers. It contains new background, missions and five new Tyranid formations to use in your games. You can pre-order a copy now, ready to download a week today.
    There is gonna be three nid dataslates

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    As a fellow Guardsman, all I can say is "suck it up". I mean, we're getting a new codex in less than two months (maybe 3 if they decide to be shifty about it) and they are likely going to be giving me back my baret-wearing stormtroopers/veterans. I'm happy as a clam to wait and see.
    Sure, and the boy in blue recently had a codex come out with lots of supplements.

Also, since this game has always had a foundation of being about the "boys in blue," I imagine that you're going to be tired for a long, long time to come.
    But never in quite as bad taste the rather mundane Tyranid codex, where is the data slate for Papa Smurf killing Avatar of Khaine or Iron Warrior Tyranid puppets?

Nope. You're not thinking with your business cap on, lol.

Tyranids players have a new book and new models to buy. They aren't going to have money left over for a new supplement.

If Genestealer Cult rules do end up coming, they'll be a supplement down the line for when Tyranid players have some money again.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant View Post
    Nope. You're not thinking with your business cap on, lol.

Tyranids players have a new book and new models to buy. They aren't going to have money left over for a new supplement.

If Genestealer Cult rules do end up coming, they'll be a supplement down the line for when Tyranid players have some money again.
    Tyranid rules have a weapon that only effects jungles, Catachan would spin far more money than mahreens, far more cinematic and a reason to play some [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFYxCIr-Byo"]Stan Ridgway[/URL].

Anyway, moving on...
    Last edited by Renegade; 01-18-2014 at 05:44 PM. Reason: in case someone does no know Stan Ridgway

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast