BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SirWalterManny View Post

That all said, I really hope if it did happen there would be no return of any coven limousines. Work nicely in the fluff as the way to get round cities, but look silly in confrontation with any tank on a cratered and fortified battlefield of the 41st millennium.
    2nd Edition Tyranids Codex had a Genestealer Cult army list in it. Limos were gone by then. Don't think there's much worry of them making a comeback at this point.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Carnell View Post
    Can I ask where the info comes from about the new IG codex coming out within the next few months, is that definitely on or just rumour.
    They have had several newsflashes here and on Faeit212 about the release dates. IG is coming out in March (they are marching in you could say) and then Orks will be out in May most likely.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I am thinking of buying some Salamanders (the IG vehicle), but don't see the point with a codex expected to drop some time fairly soon

wanting to know if the Malcador has been rolled in
    Quite frankly, the best thing for you to do is to keep your wallet closed until the new Codex arrives.

By not buying, you keep GW hungry for revenue until they do the right thing and release the new IG Codex.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Chapter-Master

Seriously? Why in such a hurry? The IG codex is still very good.

I don't get the complaining.

www.queencityguard.com

I would much rather they wait on supplemental material until after they get a 6th ed codex. No point in putting out rules that will need to be updated in a few months.

I just hope they remember to make a few female guard models. The armies of the far future are supposed to be all inclusive.

Hmm. Dataslates can be very simple - the Stormtalon/raven one just dictates what models are used, and gives them extra rules. I feel like the 5th Edition Imperial Guard 'dex could be given Dataslates that would work just as well with the 6th Edition 'dex.

Something very simple, that won't be invalidated, like; "Armoured Fist Squadron: 1-3 Veteran Squads. Each unit must take a Chimera as a Dedicated Transport. The Veteran Squads benefit from Relentless during any Player Turn in which they disembark from a Chimera."

It would raise interest in the army, and wouldn't be invalidated when the new Codex is released.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    I just hope they remember to make a few female guard models. The armies of the far future are supposed to be all inclusive.
    That really depends on the recruiting world, Vostroya only raises male regiments and who can say how many others do the same. It would be nice though I have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    I would much rather they wait on supplemental material until after they get a 6th ed codex. No point in putting out rules that will need to be updated in a few months.

Ye gods no, have you seen GW female models? They still look like blokes. eww.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Librarian

John Bower have you seen the dark elder and dark elf witches now they are good female models, but wargamming does suffer big boobs small clothing on women models way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    John Bower have you seen the dark elder and dark elf witches now they are good female models, but wargamming does suffer big boobs small clothing on women models way too much.
    Mate I've got DE, my entire DE army is female, but sorry the faces still are the same as are the arms, they just look like blokes with boobs. Really, it's only the torso that changes. Cost me a pretty penny to have 2 units of wyches and 1 of kabalites as well as 6 Reavers all female. On the upside got all my HQ's out of the same kits. Apart from Lelith, now she is the only really decent girl in 40k looks wise. Shame I can't say the same for her distinct lack of prowess on the battlefield.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast