BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Questions & why they bug me

Question 1 So we all know jet bikes don't run. But the 6th Ed states instead of running they turbo boost. When they turbo boost they can not assault or shoot. Crystal clear so far.

So I read wind riders special rule, they have two. Ancient Doom & Battle Focus. Ancient Doom is more your curse in waiting, it is restricted to conflict with the minions of Slaneesh, gives you hatred against them and -1 leadership in a fear test. Again pretty clear. But Battle Focus gives you the power to run and shoot or shoot and run. Not so clear.

Jet bikes do not run, so the wording in 6th Ed sprang to mind, instead of running they Turbo Boost and shoot. Not so said my august local GW store manager. Running is not turbo boost and Battle Focus is about running. So why did they give Wind Rider Jet Bikes the Battle Focus Rule I asked? Because it is part of the overall makeup of the Eldar Troops. That does not make sense I say. If it were part of a profile set up, why did they not get fleet like the other units and why was it omitted from Pathfinders? It just is. So I tried but was unable to access the GW website at the moment, it keeps timing out. What have you guys heard???

It is irritating because, a unit gets two special abilities and one does not apply but will have been factored into the points costing for the unit.

Question 2. I played a game against Nids today and the gamer is new to them. He had 16 Genestealers with venom sacks which means he got poison attacks in CC. So 6th Ed states you wound on the number specified for the unit. The nid codex says poison attack see Ed6 for rules. Has this been corrected on the FAQ yet? Does anyone know what the wound score that is required is?

I mean, a brand new codex and first use we find it stuffed up???

Chapter-Master

Copy/paste. Don't think about it too much. Certainly don't worry that Jetbikes are overpriced because they have an extra rule in their entry that doesn't do anything, because they're definitely not overpriced.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    Question 1 So we all know jet bikes don't run. But the 6th Ed states instead of running they turbo boost. When they turbo boost they can not assault or shoot. Crystal clear so far.

So I read wind riders special rule, they have two. Ancient Doom & Battle Focus. Ancient Doom is more your curse in waiting, it is restricted to conflict with the minions of Slaneesh, gives you hatred against them and -1 leadership in a fear test. Again pretty clear. But Battle Focus gives you the power to run and shoot or shoot and run. Not so clear.

Jet bikes do not run, so the wording in 6th Ed sprang to mind, instead of running they Turbo Boost and shoot. Not so said my august local GW store manager. Running is not turbo boost and Battle Focus is about running. So why did they give Wind Rider Jet Bikes the Battle Focus Rule I asked? Because it is part of the overall makeup of the Eldar Troops. That does not make sense I say. If it were part of a profile set up, why did they not get fleet like the other units and why was it omitted from Pathfinders? It just is. So I tried but was unable to access the GW website at the moment, it keeps timing out. What have you guys heard???

It is irritating because, a unit gets two special abilities and one does not apply but will have been factored into the points costing for the unit.

Question 2. I played a game against Nids today and the gamer is new to them. He had 16 Genestealers with venom sacks which means he got poison attacks in CC. So 6th Ed states you wound on the number specified for the unit. The nid codex says poison attack see Ed6 for rules. Has this been corrected on the FAQ yet? Does anyone know what the wound score that is required is?

I mean, a brand new codex and first use we find it stuffed up???

1) GW often includes such rules for completeness of background, even when they have no effect in game - such as blood letters in 5th edition having a BS.

2) you need to retread the rulebook entry on poisoned attacks - and read the whole entry, including the last paragraph (at th top of the second column) where it says that if no number is stated in the unit entry you get it on a 4+ as a standard. So that one is correctly written in the codex, referencing the standard option for that rule in the rulebook.

GW often includes such rules for completeness of background, even when they have no effect in game - such as blood letters in 5th edition having a BS.
    Bloodletters can man an Aegis Defence Line, can't they? I don't recall anything saying they can't shoot, just that they can't be equipped with shooting weapons. You could stick them on a Fortification and have them shoot its guns all day long.

Which does seem like a massive waste of their actual abilities, yes...
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Bloodletters can man an Aegis Defence Line, can't they? I don't recall anything saying they can't shoot, just that they can't be equipped with shooting weapons. You could stick them on a Fortification and have them shoot its guns all day long.

Which does seem like a massive waste of their actual abilities, yes...
    Blood letters in fifth edition I said, before such could be taken as a part of your list.