BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default SH Walkers charging

I've probably overlooked it somewhere but can a Super Heavy Walker charge a unit that it didn't shoot at? Escalation and Apocalypse aren't clear about it. Ordinarily a model has to charge a unit it shot at but SH vehicles can shoot weapons at multiple units.

It probably would have to charge at least 1 of the units it shot at.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    I've probably overlooked it somewhere but can a Super Heavy Walker charge a unit that it didn't shoot at? Escalation and Apocalypse aren't clear about it. Ordinarily a model has to charge a unit it shot at but SH vehicles can shoot weapons at multiple units.
    If you shot (at any number of units), you must charge a unit that you shot. For some units such as Tau units with Target Locks, or someone with Split Fire, it has been possible since the beginning of 6th to shoot multiple units, and they are allowed to charge a unit that they shot... that means any one of the units that they shot. I think I would say any ONE unit since you always declare a charge first against one unit and then secondary charge targets, but that one unit could be anyone that you targeted.

As a note, you don't even have to _specifically_ target a unit. A Nova or Maelstrom power, for example, would target every enemy unit in range, and thus you could declare a charge against any one of those units. You could fire the Last Memory, see who is not Blinded/Pinned and who is, and charge one of the units that is not affected.

Chaplain

The Rules say...
    ”Super-heavy Walkers follow all of the rules for Walkers as defined in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, with the additional rules and exceptions given below...”

In the Rules that follow there is no addition nor exception given saying it can charge a Unit it hasn't Shot at, therefore it must charge a Unit it did Shoot at.