BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

How did his terminators munch through 80 guardsmen? They should have gone down to weight of fire because you have a lot of lasgun shots and all he would need to do is roll 15 1s.

Brother-Sergeant

Ya i dunno i must of miss-read that about the hellhounds.

Wow, totally inefficient build. In general, Guard need to be loaded for bear. Guard build around:

Company Command w/ 4 Plasma or 4 Meltas in Chimera

Veterans w/ 3 Plasma or 3 Meltas in Chimera

Platoon Command w/ 4 Plasma or 4 Meltas in Chimera
    2 IG squads 2/ Plasma & ML or Lascannon
    IG heavy squad w/ 3 MLs or Lascannon

Melta-hound (S8 AP1 blast)

2 or 3 Leman Russ Demolishers (S10 AP2) w/o sponsons

Leman Russ (S8 AP3) w/o sponsons

Medusa w/ siege shells (S10 AP2)

Just max out on AP1 AP2 and AP3, and you should never have a problem against any MEQ.

More stuff, cheap stuff = IG victory!
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Brother-Captain

As promised, here are some lists that you can use at your own discretion.

Balanced List

---
    HQ
    ---

Company Command Squad [150]
    - Missile Launcher
    - Master of Ordnance
    - Chimera Transport

------
    TROOPS
    ------

1st Platoon [540]
    • Platoon Command Squad
    • 5 x Infantry Squads w/ 5 x Flamers, 4 x Krak Grenades 1 x Commissar
    • 2 x Heavy Weapon Squads w/ Autocannons

1st Veteran Squad [145]
    - 3 x Plasma Guns
    - Forward Sentries Doctrine

2nd Veteran Squad [135]
    - 3 x Melta Guns
    - Chimera Transport

-----------
    FAST ATTACK
    -----------

1 x Vendetta Gunship [130]

1 x Vendetta Gunship [130]

-------------
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    -------------

Leman Russ Squadron [255]
    - 1 x LR Executioner
    - Knight Commander Pask
    - Hull lascannon

TOTAL POINTS: 1,500

Infantry List

---
    HQ
    ---

Company Command Squad [225]
    - 4 x Plasma Guns
    - Camo Cloaks
    - Castellan Creed

------
    ELITES
    ------

1st Ratling Squad [60]
    - 6 x in squad

2nd Ratling Squad [70]
    - 7 x in squad

3rd Ratling Squad [70]
    - 7 x in squad

------
    TROOPS
    ------

1st Platoon [435]
    • Platoon Command Squad
    • 4 x Infantry Squads w/ 4 x Flamers, 1 x Commissar

2nd Platoon [435]
    • Platoon Command Squad
    • 4 x Infantry Squads w/ 4 x Flamers, 1 x Commissar

-------------
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    -------------

Leman Russ Squadron [205]
    - 1 x Vanquisher
    - Knight Commander Pask

--------------
    FORTIFICATIONS
    --------------

Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun [100]

Mechanized List

---
    HQ
    ---

Company Command Squad [105]
    - Chimera Transport

------
    TROOPS
    ------

6 x Veteran Squads [930]
    • Chimera Transport for each squad
    • 3 x Melta Guns for each squad

-------------
    HEAVY SUPPORT
    -------------

1st Leman Russ Squadron [150]
    - 1 x Leman Russ Battle Tank

2nd Leman Russ Squadron [150]
    - 1 x Leman Russ Exterminator

3rd Leman Russ Squadron [165]
    - 1 x Leman Russ Demolisher

Last edited by Katharon; 01-21-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

question, why do you put your heavy weapons in your platoons instead of out by themself? I understand it'd keep them safer from fire but then your infantry cant move and shoot (well they can but the heavy weapons become almost deadweight, no?)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by knighter View Post
    question, why do you put your heavy weapons in your platoons instead of out by themself? I understand it'd keep them safer from fire but then your infantry cant move and shoot (well they can but the heavy weapons become almost deadweight, no?)
    I think he meant the Autocannons are Heavy Weapons Squads, not actually in the squads in the platoon. You can put them in the squads if the unit is going to camp on an objective or defend an area. They give the platoon more punch than just Lasguns.

Chaplain

Heavy Weapons can move and shoot Snap Shots if they aren't Blast or Template, which means Heavy Bolters/Autocannons/Lascannons/Krak Missile Launchers do just fine included in a Infantry Squad that you would like to remain mobile while burying the weapon to the back of the squad as you suggested to protect it.

Though I think the list he is suggesting has them as separate 3 weapon teams under the command of a Platoon Commander and probably deployed near a Company Commander to take advantage of the orders he can issue.

Brother-Captain

First things first, a lesson I have learned, is never to put heavy weapons into Infantry Squads. Infantry squads are there to be doing lasgun firing and being meatshields. Heavy weapon sqauds, separated from infantry squads, are able to both claim objectives and hang further back from any close combat whilst simultaneously giving long range fire support.

In that first list, the Company Command Squad ML is inside the squad. However in the troop section, the Heavy Weapon Squads are part of the Platoon but are not inside any command squad or infantry squad -- they are separate. This allows them to further benefit from Orders given by your Company and Platoon officers, not distracting an entire Infantry Squad just to let a longer ranged weapon to get twin-linked, etc.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Never say never, there are advantages to incorporating Heavy Weapons into basic Infantry Squads, among them allowing 5 teams on one larger combined 50 man infantry squad allowing for a single order to benefit all 5 heavy weapons and the lasguns you mention acting as meatshields and additionally ablative wounds for the heavy weps, putting Lascannons, autocannons or krak missiles into them is a bit counterproductive I find since you often would prefer those shots be heading towards opposing vehicles or hard targets for their point cost. That said in anything but Apocalypse or Planetstrike games I prefer to do as you mentioned keeping my infantry for lasgun infantry w/ odd specials and my heavy weapons separate to be dedicated to separate targets, both for the points cost and convenience it just makes more sense.

Initiate

Default DA HQ was probably Belial

Just a note about the DA terminators: based on the description of turning Terminators into troop choices, the HQ might was probably Belial. Any unit of Terminators he joins (or any Inner Circle units) does not scatter when Deep Striking, so if you have any pockets where he can drop in, he will. Then, if the second Terminator squad to round 2 (which he can, without rolling for reserves thanks to Deathwing Assault) that Terminator squad can use Belial's teleport homer to Deep Strike within 6" of him without scattering. So the suggestion about spreading your troops around can be good, but again... if you leave any wiggle room, Terminators with Belial will find a spot in your line and proceed to buzzsaw through your troops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12