BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Warhammer 40k Scenarios?

Hey pretty simple question, I know there are 6 missions/scenario's I guess you would say in the warhammer 40k 6th ed. rulebook.

What im wondering is are there any other mission/scenario books or places that I can find some more (Balanced) ones for me and my friend to play

Thanks <3

Chaplain

Not sure I would refer to them as balanced, but the old Battle Missions, Death from the Skies, Escalation, Stronghold Assault books offer optional mission scenarios themed specific to unit types their books represent or armies. Additionally there is the Altar of War Ipad products(also included in each of the Supplement Army Books, Iyanden, Farsight, Black Legion etc..) that offer additional missions specific to specific armies(more of an updated version of Battle Missions)

All those may be good sources for a little mission building inspiration.

Chaplain

There's also the Altar of War ebook series. Not terribly expensive and some of the scenarios are quite fun.

Occuli Imperator

Also if you have access to them the old rule books had different missions, though obviously you'll need to update for 6th ed.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

Last week I played the Webway Assault Altar of War Mission from the Iyanden Supplement.
    I really enjoyed it as it presented a fresh set of challenges instead of just the same three Deployment Zones and same six Missions.
    Thoroughly recommend it.

You can also create your own, which is good fun. And can allow for a larger army to face down a smaller one, as the victory conditions balance out (for instance, larger attacking army must wipe out the smaller army, anything else is a loss). Or for a smaller army attacking a larger one, all they need do is job a single character as an assassination mission.

Fun and larks, all off the top of me head!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks