BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Fly Lord

Default WFB Kits Moving to GW Direct Only

Warhammer Fantasy Kits Currently Available via GW Direct Sales ONLY
    [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?388212-List-of-WFB-plastic-boxes-going-Direct-Only-(updated)&p=7042385&viewfull=1#post7042385"]by Warseer's Archibald_TK[/URL] 1-19-2013

This is a list for the WFB side of things that I started on another thread that I think is worth its own thread as I intend to keep it updated every month. There are two important things to remember concerning that list:
    - I have to do it by comparing order forms with my own little eyes so there may be mistakes. I'll correct it as needed.
    - The list may be different for the US, mine shall concern the countries that depend on GW UK warehouse, which shall include all Europeans countries.

I've organized it by range. The lines in green (or those that start with a "X" for those who can't see the color) are those that were removed in January 2014

Before you start doing theories regarding why some boxes disappeared from the shelves, keep in mind some of them have been missing for ages (for example you may have seen some very recent rumours on the 40K side regarding Catachan and the Basilisk but in reality those are kits that went out early last year if memory serves me right).
    As a final note, another poster (whose name I can't remember for now) whose retailer got info directly from GW US mentioned that the reason for that removal was that space in GW stores was becoming an issue due to the size of the range and they had to accommodate every new release (as an independent retailer we have access to the same products as GW stores, so if something disappear for them it also does for us). Since this look to be more or less the case with the Tyranids release this sounds actually quite credible.
    Beastmen:
    - Ungors
    - Minotaurs

Bretonnia:
    - Knights
    - Archers
    - Men at Arms
    - Pegasus Knights

Daemons:
    - Plastic range is complete, nothing missing

Dark Elves:

Dwarfs:
    - Battalion
    - Thunderers
    - Cannon
    - Miners

High Elves:
    - Spearmen
    - Archers
    - Silver Helms
    - Bolt Thrower

Lizardmen:

Ogre Kindoms:
    - Ironguts
    - Gnoblar

Orcs and Goblins:
    - Warboss
    - Boyz
    - Goblins
    - Spider Riders
    - Boar Boyz
    - Savage Boar Boyz
    - Chariot
    X Wolf Riders

Skaven:
    - Rat Ogres
    - Night Runners
    - Plague Monks

The Empire:
    - Knights
    - Archers
    - Militia
    - Pistoliers
    - Steam Tank
    - Helblaster
    X Canon/Mortar
    PS. Dear GW, now that our new pricing policy infused WFB with a new life I was about to reorder a large chunk of the Empire range. Since I can't have something as basic as a Cannon I refuse to carry that range in the store anymore and you've lost my money on that one. Our job is not to interest customers into an army only to see them spend their money on your website. Sincerely, one of your many retailers.

Tomb Kings:
    - Chariots

Vampire Counts:
    - Zombies
    - Dire Wolves
    - Corpse Cart

Warriors of Chaos
    - Chimera

Wood Elves:
    - Dryads
    - Glade Riders

Scenery:
    - Witchfate Tor
    - Arcane Ruins

I could not find any trace of the following scenery anywhere, not even as direct order, when I wrote that list a few days ago:
    - Dreadstone Blight
    - Temple of Skulls
    - The old squared Watchtower
    - That little church from the same period
    - The big manor kit
    - The big kit with the observatory
    You'll notice how well versed I am with the WFB scenery naming.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Scout

I hope the cannons are a joke.... Dwarf and Empire. They cannot be slow sellers.