BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: If GW wants you to buy more and start new armies regularly what should they do?

Voters
994. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prices are good - GW is costed properly for their quality now

32 3.22%
  • Lower Prices 10% - GW is slightly overcosted now.

88 8.85%
  • Lower Prices 20% - GW is moderately overcosted now.

458 46.08%
  • Lower Prices 30% - GW is severely overcosted now.

416 41.85%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

I stopped buying GW products at their prices about 4 years ago (when 8th edition WFB came out). I simply refuse to pay $10 or more for one plastic 28mm figure (terminators, centurions, etc.). $35 for that kit is appropriate and I am likely to buy two or more. For vehicles/large kits if they are over $50 then the odds of me getting one approach zero depending on how large (obviously the Baneblade is worth more than that due to size, but a Land Raider? A Predator? Hardly). Whatever that works out to in percentages I am too lazy to calculate, but frankly if getting a reasonable 2K army in 40K costs more than $500-600 then it's too expensive regardless the justifications otherwise. JMO of course.

I'd like to throw in that part of the price of the game is "whoever has the newest army wins". That was a big part of the ridiculousness that made me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    2. ride massive wave of sales
    No this does more harm than good. Why? GW stuff is non essential. If they have sales folks will just wait for the sales to buy stuff and then never buy stuff at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    4. divide 50% of product development to R&D of affordable 3d printers,
    Yes lowering the quality of their premium product is totally the answer.
    Last edited by Lord-Boofhead; 01-21-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitz Box Rob View Post
    SI am constantly browsing other players codex cause i cant afford to buy all of them anymore
    Who the hell buys Codexes for armies they don't play?

Initiate

Right now it would be easier for me to buy more kits from the online companies offering a 20-25% discount or maybe eBay if I get lucky. I could buy a little more at 20% but much more at 30%. Things are tight around here and if I buy too much I have to face my wife. She is not amused.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by mortal888 View Post
    I'd like to throw in that part of the price of the game is "whoever has the newest army wins". That was a big part of the ridiculousness that made me quit.
    Have you not heard the bemoaning of how underpowered the new Tyranid Codex is?!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    There are some of us, the more "collector" types. Who love the fluff, then there are those who like to absorb all the codecii so that they know all the tricks and threats for any and all opposition that they meet.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Hi.

My name is Mr Mystery. And I own every codex and expansion. And indeed army book. And LotR faction book.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

For the longest time I thought that I didn't have a break point, but I do and I know it now because GW reached it finally with the Tyranid release.

I was super excited about Tyranids. I used to have a small army of them (sold it) and wanted to start anew, but after seeing the pricing of the new kits my desire was crushed.

I will continue to play 40K, but my purchasing has come to an almost complete and total stop.

GW needs to make a 20% price cut across the board and a 25% cut for most newer kits.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

I voted 10% to be conservative. As an example of the damaging effect this has on customers, I have a friend who just started playing and nearly never did because of prices. The only reason he did is because I told him I'd model some orks from scratch for him and because he's a first class geek ^^

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast