BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    no, it works fine, because it would be insanely powerful to be able to ensure 30 Devourer gaunts to arrive safely exactly where you want them to be *every single time*.
    Kind of like what we just had last edition with the mycetic spore? I remember how every single tournament was won by those DSing devilgaunts...
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    Kind of like what we just had last edition with the mycetic spore? I remember how every single tournament was won by those DSing devilgaunts...
    yeah, you can fit 20 into a pod, and it cost you an arm and a leg.
    Not 30 out of a hole, and for cheaper.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

It doesn't matter how much the unit costs, or what it can do. If you pay for a drop pod, the unit it was bought for gets to use the drop pod. Period. There isn't a chance that the unit becomes available before the drop pod and has to walk onto the table from the board edge. That would be ****ing stupid. Like the trygon rule...
    hahahahha! You pay through the nose for that ability. That's why it is okay.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

judging by the trygons price compared to everything else in the book your still paying through the nose for it, it just doesn't work
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

hahahahha! You pay through the nose for that ability. That's why it is okay.
    Would you mind trolling a little harder, in case anyone still thought you were being serious?

Meanwhile, paying 35 points for a Drop Pod that does what you want it when you want it is far superior to paying 70 points *and* locking out your only chance to buy a Skyfire + Interceptor weapon and/or an enclosed building to protect your artillery bugs for a roughly 50/50* chance to make things go your way, a turn later.

*To preempt any quibbling; yes, the Drop Pod can scatter off course, but so can the Trygon, and both have the same chance to reduce scatter, so the advantage or disadvantage cancels out. The Drop Pod arrives on Turn 1, guaranteed; the Trygon has a 4/6 base chance to come in on turn 2, increased to 8/9 with the comms relay re-roll. Anything you'd want to bring in through the tunnel also has a 4/6 to come in on that same turn, so you'll need to delay those models until the next turn (Turn 3). Using the comms relay, you can re-roll the successful reserves roll, hoping to fail it, which is a 2/6 chance. 2/6 + (2/6 * 4/6) = [once reduced to LCD] 5/9. But then, you need those units to come in for sure on Turn 3, so we're back to the 8/9 chance. 5/9 * 8/9 [the chance that you kept the unit in reserve on 2 and got it to come in on 3] comes out to 40/81, or 49%.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Chapter-Master

The rule works fine. aka, you have to invest in it to make it work, and still, not a crutch.
    So I'm guessing you're going to chalk it up to 'synergy', right?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    So I'm guessing you're going to chalk it up to 'synergy', right?
    It's only synergy till an FAQ stops us doing it, after that it was crutch.....thats how it works right?
    Last edited by daboarder; 01-23-2014 at 12:23 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Would you mind trolling a little harder, in case anyone still thought you were being serious?
    He has to be trolling, right? No one could be that dumb...

right?
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I'm Johnny come lately here but I wanted to add something about the coms relay...

I take a coms relay on an aegis line in my chaos/daemon army. Every game I hold the maximum number of units in reserve so it is really important for them to come in when I want them to (most likely turn two). I place my aegis at the midway point, move jump units to within 3" to allow the coms to reroll reserves! and then everything in the army gets to use the aegis as cover.

This would work amazing for nids! 4+ cover stretched across the mid point of the battlefield added with venomthropes means a lot of quality cover. This is a good idea even without the coms relay but it certainly would go a long way to making the trygon more viable for his burrow hole.

Chapter-Master

He has to be trolling, right? No one could be that dumb...

right?
    Ah, sorry my little brained friend, but your insults do not provide you with an argument of any worth.

Again, to have 10 combi plasmas in stern guard plus a drop pod, you have to pay through the nose. It's 400 points if the shy ha another weapon.

If you ignore the tunnel rule, the try gon is worth it's points. You have a almost 0 chance of mishap, and you are delivering a 6 wound Monsterous Creature in to close quarters. Well worth it's points. There gPpens to be an added bonus! If you get lucky, an infantry unit will follow next turn.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast