BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Can Tyranids manual fire emplaced weapons now?

Between the rulebook, Stronghold Assault and the FAQ for the previous codex I have become a bit confused. Can Tyranids now manual fire building weapons? I was thinking that a gribbly version of the Wall of Martyrs Imperial Bunker with a gribblified Quad-gun would be helpful against flyers, but I don't want to do it if the Quad-gun will only be auto-firing (Rulebook, pg. 96) at the nearest enemy unit. If anyone knows the answer to this, a reference to a page with the rule would be nice. If the answer is just "it doesn't say that you can't" then I may have to wait for an FAQ before I put in the work to make something and risk having it taken away like the Parasite of Mortrex that I custom-built. Thanks!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

YES, the old tyranid eratta prevented this, with the advent of the new book the old one is obsolete, given that the codex makes no limitation like that then YES tyranids may manual fire emplacements.

there is NO rule preventing them from following the rules in the BRB. May as well claim that daemons cannot use them, or eldar or tau or any other army.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

It's always possible an updated FAQ/Errata might add a similar restriction, though you'd figure if this was their intention they'd have put it in the book.

Chapter-Master

And until/if it does so there is no rule prohibiting Tyranids from following the rules as described in the BRB
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

a cool zoanthrope brain'ed gunner model would be perfect for it :-)

that's the first thing that came to mind for me.

Chapter-Master

I am thinking about getting two exocrine models and bitz, etc., and putting them together to make a 'Firestorm Redoubt'.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Battle-Brother

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I don't play too often anymore, so I may wait until the FAQ comes out just to be sure. Nice ideas!

Chapter-Master

you may be waiting a very very long time.

they we're doing really well keeping the FAQ's up to date last year, but it looks like the bloke got fired again, the very fact that the OLD nid one is still up is not a good sign that a new up to date one is coming anytime soon. And given the rumours of a website change up they could very well ALL disappear.

Chapter-Master

Yep, since about April 2013 they have stopped doing regular FAQs and only do a round of FAQs every four months or so to address the tiniest issues imaginable, i.e. FAQing servo-arms for each Marine codex....
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Honestly, I think the Tyranid codex is one of the tightest codexes they have ever written.

I haven't seen anything FAQ worthy.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast