BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Ramming Skimmers

Do skimmers still get to try and avoid being rammed?

I'm sure I've read it somewhere, but couldn't find it in the rulebook - or am I thinking of last edition?

Occuli Imperator

Skimmers that are not immobilised or stunned may try to dodge. (page 71?)
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Skimmers that are not immobilised or stunned may try to dodge. (page 71?)
    Found it thanks. Skimmers still get their jink saves. Must have been last ed. where they just got a 3+ dodge.

Occuli Imperator

Yeah it is now 5+ is it not? The latest FAQ clarifies that you have to be moveable to jink.

Edition slip, happens all the time. Sometimes it is beneficial others it is detrimental...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yeah it is now 5+ is it not? The latest FAQ clarifies that you have to be moveable to jink.

Edition slip, happens all the time. Sometimes it is beneficial others it is detrimental...
    Sad really when they have to FAQ that you still have to be mobile to jink

Here's hoping that 7th Ed will be a total overhall and not just a few tweaks here and there.

Occuli Imperator

I quite like 6th. I think it does make sense rule wise they you can't but some people like to have it in writting.

Like the players that needed the BA codex to be FAQ to explicitly state that a librarian dreadnought that was immobilised could not use wings of sanguinius to move...

I quite like 6th. I think it does make sense rule wise they you can't but some people like to have it in writting.

Like the players that needed the BA codex to be FAQ to explicitly state that a librarian dreadnought that was immobilised could not use wings of sanguinius to move...
    I like 6th, but it wasn't different enough from 5th and I still keep getting rules mixed up.

I agree about people needing things written down but it seems like common sense has left the building at times.

At least there's a thematic line of reasoning for that--who cares if his legs are damaged? He's using MIND POWER to fly around.

Occuli Imperator

Yes very much so. Rather tongue in cheek I made the argument to a friend. We were both happy this wasn't the case.