BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    YES, the old tyranid eratta prevented this, with the advent of the new book the old one is obsolete, given that the codex makes no limitation like that then YES tyranids may manual fire emplacements.

there is NO rule preventing them from following the rules in the BRB. May as well claim that daemons cannot use them, or eldar or tau or any other army.
    Who thinks Daemons can't fire emplaced weapons or gun emplacements? And why would they think that?

quad gun AA here we come
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Honestly, I think the Tyranid codex is one of the tightest codexes they have ever written.

I haven't seen anything FAQ worthy.
    Really? Spore mines readily spring to mind, as in charging as soon as they land. I can't see that escaping an FAQ to say they can't.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

[URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?24320-Tyranid-Quad-gun-and-Aegis-Defence-Line"]Been there, done that: [/URL]

Skyshield is where it's at now, all the cool kids are bunking up 30 Termagants and a Tervigon in there

Incidentally gun emplacements can't auto-fire, only weapon emplacements and even then only when the building is occupied [unless it has the 'fully automated rule' like a Vengeance Weapons Battery].

GW just took down the old FAQ today (the 21st) so I assume a new FAQ page is on it's way. I expect they are taking their time to make sure they address as many of the problems with the book as they can.

That's the only reason I can think of for such a delay.

That does depend on which rules you're using. If you're with Stronghold Assault, which really should be used for points costs and improved building rules then as long as you purchased the building as part of your force any guns on it can auto fire even if you leave the building or aren't occupying it to begin with. But on the other hand that also means they can be shot at, and more interestingly somebody like Terminators can DS right inside the building, risky but fun.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Really? Spore mines readily spring to mind, as in charging as soon as they land. I can't see that escaping an FAQ to say they can't.
    Umm... wut? I see no indication that spore mines can assault after deepstriking. They MAY be able to assault after landing from a shoreline launcher... not sure.

I would also like to see some clarity on if the sporemines from multiple biovores on a missed shot form a unit or separate ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Who thinks Daemons can't fire emplaced weapons or gun emplacements?
    Nobody, which is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxis Lithium View Post
    Umm... wut? I see no indication that spore mines can assault after deepstriking. They MAY be able to assault after landing from a shoreline launcher... not sure.
    Hence the need for a FAQ!

Do spores count as having deep struck when they are placed as a result of a miss from a Biovore/Harpy, or not? That's a legit question in need of a FAQ.

While I'm sure they WILL count as having deep struck, there's nothing right now that says they do. And, since they didn't come in from reserve, there's no reason why they can assault in the ensuing assault phase.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Honestly, I think the Tyranid codex is one of the tightest codexes they have ever written.

I haven't seen anything FAQ worthy.
    I find the Pyrovore hilarity might be something that is FAQ worthy.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast