BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Again, I state: there is no way to pin 'normal' on any specific wording.
    Everything that I have stated has fit within what the rules for the Tunnel are stating:
    Exactly, because there is no way to pin 'normal' on any specific wording, both interpretations follow. This is my point.

Because I can't deductively prove my view, doesn't make your view correct by default. You need to deductively prove your view, and the best case has been provided by DarkLink, thus far.

You have to pin 'normal' somewhere for the rule to be coherent.

Deep Striking, Outflanking, and Table Edge Reserves all have their "normal" way of arriving on the board, but that doesn't make Deep Striking and Outflanking "arriving from reserve as normal."

Likewise, just because Outflanking and Deep Striking are exceptional forms of reserve (they have very specific requirements), it doesn't mean they are not "arriving from reserve as normal."

The FAQ is a sensible place to look for clarification, not because the question is about the issue at hand, but because the question provides description for rules that are.

At the moment, there is no single way to follow the Tunnel Rule.
    Last edited by AlmostMercury; 02-19-2014 at 11:46 AM.

Okay then, forget the word 'normal' and read the other bit ... 'Any unit arriving from reserves....' surely that there is the clear intent to the rule?

And there has been name calling and rudeness on both sides of this argument. Calling somebody Stupid doesn't help your point go across, it just gets the other persons back up and closes their ears to what you have to say. Guys, time to apologise to one another, it was a long winded discussion but it's time now to draw a line under it and accept that we'll play it how we see fit. After the apologies it may just be time to close it.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Okay then, forget the word 'normal' and read the other bit ... 'Any unit arriving from reserves....' surely that there is the clear intent to the rule?
    It might, except that's the exact wording from the last codex which was ruled against.

The more I look over that sentence, the more it shows itself to be a cluster **** of ambiguity.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Why are you wasting Hive commander? You're only wasting that if you send a unit of warriors through the tunnel you had declared as 'outflanking', genestealers don't need Hive Commander to outflank for a start. I'd consider using the tunnel to get several units in the enemy's face rapidly, using my re-rolls on reserves to do my best to ensure that 2 (or more) hit from the flanks while another hits from the tunnel, swamping my opponents in high threat CC monsters that he has to find a way to bring down, or next turn his face is getting chewed off.

See that's just it for me, if outflank was only a little more reliable, I wouldn't have the problem with not being allowed to CC straight away, but with the nerfs to CC thrown in it means that you could outflank piecemeal, come in 1 unit at a time, and they get shot before being used. If you could say do what the Dark Angels do and declare an 'all out assault' on a given turn, that would be awesome, yeah you'd lose some units, but the rest would likely get swift and very bloody revenge.
    You need a Comms Relay for those re-rolls, so not only are you almost made to take an Aegis with Comms Relay for a chance at using the tunnel (which you shouldn't have to), but it still isn't that likely to work. The tunnel rule just doesn't work well. As mentioned much earlier in the thread, you aren't really paying much for the tunnel, but it isn't worth trying to use either, and considering fluff-wise it's the main point in the Trygon I would gladly pay more points to be able to dedicate a unit to it which would make sense. It would give the Trygon more defined purpose than a close combat MC which you might Deep Strike sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    You need a Comms Relay for those re-rolls, so not only are you almost made to take an Aegis with Comms Relay for a chance at using the tunnel (which you shouldn't have to), but it still isn't that likely to work. The tunnel rule just doesn't work well. As mentioned much earlier in the thread, you aren't really paying much for the tunnel, but it isn't worth trying to use either, and considering fluff-wise it's the main point in the Trygon I would gladly pay more points to be able to dedicate a unit to it which would make sense. It would give the Trygon more defined purpose than a close combat MC which you might Deep Strike sometimes.
    I'm sure there's something the nids can take to get those re-rolls, my dex isn't to hand right now though so can't check.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920