BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Honestly, I think the Tyranid codex is one of the tightest codexes they have ever written.

I haven't seen anything FAQ worthy.
    One big one (for me at least) is some clarification as to how Mawlocs and Reserves work. Most people will say that entering into "Ongoing Reserve" means that he has to walk on the board edge the following turn, despite the fact that RAI this clearly isn't the case. I mean, it's basically the exact same argument people had in 5th edition when CLEARLY RAI meant you could deep strike onto someone while all non Nid players said you couldn't. Really there are quite a few things like Spore Mines and Pyrovores (among others) that need to be address. I think its silly calling this book "one of the tightest codexes ever written". One would hope when you copy and paste the previous book and remove all the special rules it might be "tightly written". Clearly not the case imho.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Really? Spore mines readily spring to mind, as in charging as soon as they land. I can't see that escaping an FAQ to say they can't.
    did they arrive via deep strike? No? then yes, they can charge.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulio View Post
    Most people will say that entering into "Ongoing Reserve" means that he has to walk on the board edge the following turn
    Why would anyone say that? The ongoing reserves rule says "Units in ongoing reserve always re-enter play at the start of their controlling player's following turn, but otherwise follow the normal rules for reserves." The normal rules for reserves state "Models that are arriving by Deep Strike or Outflank deploy using their special rules."

Nothing in the ongoing reserve rules say a model can't use Deep Strike again the next turn.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

the way i see it untill any FAQ comes out stating otherwise if anyone argues with your use of the weapon calmly explain to them that a genestealer cult obtained the information on the use of it and passed the information back to the hive mind. its logical and inkeeping with the fluff behind the nids and there is no real arguement against the use of it as from my limited knowledge it doesnt state anywhere you CANT use them

Chapter-Master

As I said, the Tyranid Codex is written well. It just didn't have the 'i win' button like Grey Knights blatantly had when it came out.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

please, no tyranid player asked for an I win button, that claim is ridiculous and demeaning to yourself. There are still soo many problems with the book that we're just ignored, right down to rules that don't work in a practical setting (looking at you trygon tunnel, which is incidentally WORSE now than it was in 5th, given that reserves come in on a 3+ T2)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

When GW has a particular unit that is terrible, and they either don't fix it or make it worse when the new codex comes out and people complain, it's because GW did a crappy job, not because all the nids players are WAAC'ers. Because, y'know, then they wouldn't be nids players. They'd play Tau or Eldar or some combination thereof.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    please, no tyranid player asked for an I win button, that claim is ridiculous and demeaning to yourself. There are still soo many problems with the book that we're just ignored, right down to rules that don't work in a practical setting (looking at you trygon tunnel, which is incidentally WORSE now than it was in 5th, given that reserves come in on a 3+ T2)
    take a comm tower.

Chapter-Master

Which you actually can do now, at least. But it doesn't make the tunneling rules any less terrible.

The problem isn't that you can't come on T1. The problem is, you have to hope and pray that your Trygon comes in first, and that nothing else does, and then the next turn everything else comes on. Of course, that means that you can't use the tunnel until T3 at the earliest, at which points you've wasted 1/3 of the game waiting in reserve with whatever units you were tunneling with. At that point, all you can do it take cheap scoring units and try and jump on objectives. But you still can't control that, because, again, you can't say 'My trygon comes on first, everything else comes on later'.

All they had to do was give Trygons Drop Pod Assault. That would turn them from overpriced cannonfodder to a lynchpin unit. It would even make up for the loss of Mycetic Spores. Instead we get a poorly thought out rule that almost no one will ever use. Unquestionably a huge missed opportunity.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

i actually think that's something we'll see in the 3 extra dataslates
    1st one is preparation of the invasion (genestealers and lictors)
    2nd would be full tyranids arrival a la planetary assault, with maybe drop pod rules or equivalent (all the books speaking about tyranid invasion speak about the darkening skies and so on)
    3rd would be overrun plannet, with big monsters and endless swarms. (maybe the come back of the repeating gaunt swarms ? )

i say, a great way for GW to have people pay for specific rules/new units. a codex in the codex ...

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast