BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beginning Eldar

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

What he said
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

thank you guys, you are really helpful! Now I just have to find the money xD

Chaplain

I hear that kidneys are worth a few a few quid on the blackmarket...

Chapter-Master

Man so much hate on the hemlock.

I admit, I poo-poo'd it when it came out. However its definitely been a winner-winner-chicken-dinner for me.

Nothing better than getting terrify and horrify together. You can make anything walk off the table. Screamerstar giving you a hard time? Horrify + Terrify == Byebye.

Hiding it behind buildings and such to keep it alive has worked for me.

My 2k Iyanden list which has so far been unbeaten (its only played 2 games mind you)

1 Spiritseer
    1 Wraithseer w/ D-cannon
    10 WG with cannons
    5 WG with d-scythes in a serpent with scatter laser
    10 WB with axes
    1 Hemlock
    2 WL's with brighlances and swords (although I'm thinking of swapping them out for scatter lasers)
    1 WK with 2 HWC's.

Its a good mix of both shooty and counter-assault elements that is pretty tough to crack. Watch out for enfeeble. As I told my opponents - I don't have many bullets, but every single one of them really really hurts.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Veteran-Sergeant

Start small! Aim for something that you can do kill teams with and add to it over time. Bear in mind that your attempts to paint the colour scheme will evolve over time so you will want to work on something rubbish first.

The wraith models are so nice it might be an idea to practice your colour scheme on some kind of skirmishing unit. Fluff wise I'm sure you could fit that in too.
    Last edited by GravesDisease; 01-21-2014 at 08:51 AM.

You could start simple,

Farseer
    2 x Spiritseer
    5 x Wraithguard
    5 x Wraithguard
    5 x Wraithblades
    3 x Warwalkers

That will get you to 1000 easy with some flexibility to mess with the loadout on the warwalkers.

This is assuming that you use the Iyanden supplement which allows you to take up to 5 spiritseers as a single choice, I normally double up to make sure I get Voice of Twilight off when I need it. Not to mention doubling your chances at quicken/restrain and protect/jinx. Nothing quite like d-scythes with battlefocus and quicken to get them into range faster, or making Termies 3 up for your wraithblades.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    Start small! Aim for something that you can do kill teams with and add to it over time. Bear in mind that your attempts to paint the colour scheme will evolve over time so you will want to work on something rubbish first.

The wraith models are so nice it might be an idea to practice your colour scheme on some kind of skirmishing unit. Fluff wise I'm sure you could fit that in too.
    And if you feel like your skills are not quite up to painting so much yellow, you don't have to use the Iyanden color scheme. No one is going to shoot you if you use a color scheme that you are more comfortable with.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    And if you feel like your skills are not quite up to painting so much yellow, you don't have to use the Iyanden color scheme. No one is going to shoot you if you use a color scheme that you are more comfortable with.
    I have heard many times that yellow is one of the hardest colour schemes to paint (with blue being one of the easiest). Any reason why?

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    I have heard many times that yellow is one of the hardest colour schemes to paint (with blue being one of the easiest). Any reason why?
    It is very hard to get an even finish with yellow for me. Even on white primer, it takes 2 or 3 coats to make it look right. By the time I get the color to look right, I've lost a lot of the detail on the model. You can get away with this with a marine army but not eldar.

When I need to use yellow as a secondary color, I use Dwarf Bronze instead. That was how I did my Thousand Sons. There's no way I could have done the blue and yellow stripes on their helmets.

You might consider a white base coat and instead of a yellow paint layer, try a few layers of yellow wash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast