BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Mawloc and friendlies

been having a little confusion on the terror from below and friendly models.

if i were to have a unit of lictors or the deathleaper in combat, can i choose to deepstrike on top of he combat regardless of my own lictors being in the way?

i ask as it referances that you hit friend and foe with the template but i guess that would be due to scatter, what if i don't scatter due to lictors?

Chaplain

Normally I would say you couldn't Deep Strike the thing and use the attack on a combat in the first place but having a Mawloc eat both the Lictor and what it's fighting seems like a hive mind sort of thing to do.

When arriving from Deep Strike Reserve, a Mawloc can choose
    to Deep Strike onto a point occupied by another model (friend or foe)
    yes you can do that, the mawloc targets a point on the ground and cares not who is above it.

No, not a chance, you aren't allowed to deliberately target your own unit, or a unit in combat. If it accidentally scatters onto said combat that is different, but there's nothing in the Tyranid dex to say you can do it deliberately which means you must obey the BRB.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    No, not a chance, you aren't allowed to deliberately target your own unit, or a unit in combat. If it accidentally scatters onto said combat that is different, but there's nothing in the Tyranid dex to say you can do it deliberately which means you must obey the BRB.
    Except that it's not an attack. It's a deepstrike. And the Mawloc specifically states that you can deepstrike onto a spot with another model(and also spells out that it can be friend OR foe). So there's no contention. I'm reading the book as I type this. Zero room for ambiguity.

So Operation: Lictor Suicide Homing Beacon is a go!

Veteran-Sergeant

As mathammer pointed out you aren't targeting anything other then the ground. You can come up where ever you want

Theres no Unit targetting in the Deep Strike system because, in most cases its not beneficial to aim a Deep Strike AT an ongoing Combat. May have found an FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Theres no Unit targetting in the Deep Strike system because, in most cases its not beneficial to aim a Deep Strike AT an ongoing Combat. May have found an FAQ.
    No. There is no need for an FAQ. It states -explicitly- in the codex that you can.

*clears throat*

"Terror from the Deep: When arriving from Deep Strike Reserve, a Mawloc can choose to Deep Strike onto a point occupied by another model (friend or foe) - roll for scatter as normal."

Why the question is even in the air is beyond me. Read the codex.

"When arriving from Deep Strike Reserve, a Mawloc can choose to Deep Strike onto a point occupied by another model (friend or foe) - roll for scatter as normal."

BRB says you can't DS onto models, codex says you can. Codex wins.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.