BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default CSM kits rumour - looking for corroboration.

Howdydoodee.

So I just read the following rumour on FB, but it doesn't cite a source.

Apparently, plastic Lord, plastic Havocs and plastic Chosen (power armour I assume) landing in February.

Anyone else heard this one, as it's new to me. However I would say it's completely out there, because as of 1st Feb, WD and releases both go weekly....allowing two weeks for Dwarf stuff, and one week for Hobbity goodness, we do indeed have a rogue week with nothing predicted. Three kits would fill that nicely.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 01-21-2014 at 04:02 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Hm. Can't see it - two of those things are covered by Dark Vengeance (yes, I know, I know). But who knows - a small splash to trial their distribution system might be a thing. Also might not.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Dark Angels have kits in DV and regular...

I kind of want this to be true.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

No, that's totally true. My gut feeling has been wrong several times!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Librarian

Only heard it on natfka's blog, be a nice move forward if it's true.

Veteran-Sergeant

There were two separate mentions of it on Faeit, for what's that worth.

If games workshop are looking to release new models on a weekly schedule then it would make sense that eventually they would have to release chosen and havocs as there is no easy way to get them at the moment and what else would they make?

First-Captain

should this rumor of "stand alone mini-waves" prove true, it would kinda raise my hope that there might be new eldar jetbikes and such coming on a similar basis...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master

Yeah. It depends how it is done - they could just release 4 kits for one army, but 1 a week, or they could release all 4 in one week and have the other 3 weeks dedicated to other things like FW, BL ect - Or they could actually release a few a week for different armies which is what I am personally hoping for. Kinda curious to see how it will be done.

I suspect we'll still see a bunch of kits released at codex time, but being able to fill the gaps in other lines (Eldar Aspects Warriors OMG PLEASE!) on "other" weeks makes good business sense.

I'm really hoping this rumor pans out. New chosen and havocs done to the standard of the recent SM tac squad release would really propel me forward in my CSM collection, especially if they can be kitbashed into standard CSM squads with some character. The old CSM plastics are really starting to show their age.

Then we can just move on to redoing obliterators, mutilators, chaos terminators and all the cult troops and everything will be hunky dory.

(oh and a new multipart plastic kit for the helbrute too.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast