BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Quick question regarding LoS

Just wondering, a set of troops infront of a tank, he has missile launchers on the other side of my troops, can he shoot at the tank? Would that be good line of sight because the tank is higher than all the troops?

Chapter-Master

Can you literally see the tank, either above or between or though any parts of the troops? If yes, you can shoot.

I don't think there are any troops in the game large or bulky enough to block LOS to any tank under normal circumstances.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Ty

But the tank might get a cover save if he's shooting through the unit.

If at least 25% of the tank is obscured by models, it gets a 5+ cover save. As for blocking LOS completely, I'm fairly sure a double-packed line of Ogryns will block out a Chimera at least, but if you're going to rely on a wall of big muscley brutes to protect things, they should probably be dressed in football (handegg) jerseys.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?