BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Romeo Filip has been caught lying to TOs and the community at large, then trying to sweep the criticism away.

[url]http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/02/battlefoam-learns-why-legal-threats-can-be-dangerous/[/url]

He's a shady scumbag.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

When it comes to kickstarters, I have two ways to invest. One is when I am sure of the company involved and their suppliers (ie Mark Mondragon and Wargames Factory, Reaper Miniatures). I feel pretty comfortable investing a decent amount of money in their project.

Smaller companies that don't have any track record like the Torn Armor project or a gadzillion projects on KS right now. I try to invest less than $50 bucks and usually only $20 -$30. That way if the product doesn't arrive or is less than what was promised then I don't feel quite so bad.

Chapter-Master

GW may be expensive, but I have never NOT got the goods I pay them for
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Initiate

I funded Wild West Exodus and Dwarven forge's Game tiles. Both were great. Unfortunately, I also funded Relic Knights by Cmon and Soda Pop minis. Those clowns have been screwing around for months. They are over 7 months past their due date and still have no definate end in sight. Not to mention, they have been blaming some of the delays on spending time on other projects they are developing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    GW may be expensive, but I have never NOT got the goods I pay them for
    And that's relevant to Kickstarter projects how? I always get my product from every company I purchase from, be it a giant like GW or Corvus Belli which is a tiny operation in Spain.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Romeo Filip has been caught lying to TOs and the community at large, then trying to sweep the criticism away.

[url]http://www.popehat.com/2013/05/02/battlefoam-learns-why-legal-threats-can-be-dangerous/[/url]

He's a shady scumbag.
    Boo hoo. His KS was still one of the most responsibly run that I've seen. And he knows how to conduct a successful business.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paint Grot View Post
    I also funded Relic Knights by Cmon and Soda Pop minis. Those clowns have been screwing around for months. They are over 7 months past their due date and still have no definate end in sight. Not to mention, they have been blaming some of the delays on spending time on other projects they are developing.
    Yeah, Relic Knights now has every indication of being Ogre late.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Librarian

That's the think I don't get how people say it's a due date with a kick starter it says quite clearly this is an estimate but still 7 months later than your estimate is bad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by FastEd View Post
    And that's relevant to Kickstarter projects how? I always get my product from every company I purchase from, be it a giant like GW or Corvus Belli which is a tiny operation in Spain.
    If you cannot see a correlation in a discussion about one company who takes your money and gives you nothing and one who takes your money and you always get something, my old china, then I cannot help you.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

In the UK, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, not to be confused with the Ferengi Commerce Authority) will be regulating Crowd Sourcing.

Last I heard was the consultation had begun, and that should be concluded.

What it will mean, I don't know. But right now, there is little to stop the project runners simply taking the funds and legging it. There's no really comeback.

Consider the amount some can raise, and marry that to the morals (or indeed lack thereof) of known scammers, like the goon who ran Forgeworld-Discount and various others.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast