BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default What House Rules do you use?

I am curious what "house rules" the community enjoys using for their non comp games. I understand some folks may hate the idea but be fun to hear and share others feedback on changes they play with.

Me I use this one among friends;

Armor Penetration rolls that result in glancing hits permit for Vehicular Armor Saves based on the AP of the attack.

- or AP 6 = 2+ save
    AP 5 = 3+ save
    AP 4 = 4+ save
    AP 3 = 5+ save
    AP 2 = 6+ save
    AP 1 = no armor save permitted

Only one save is permitted per damaging attack Cover/Armor/Invulnerability

Glancing hits that result from effects other than armor penetration are ineligible for armor saves (Example: Gets Hot, Haywire)

What rules do you use?

because there's alot of necron players in the area and people who though being A%"£$%es are fairly nice when it comes to how bad some dexs are for example we agree unless a unit / vehicle is a fluffly vehicle any SM chapter can use it, also all point costs are equaled out for BA players since they seem to be really expensive at the moment compared to the newer dex's. finally when vehicles go boom and it still at full HP it just takes another hull point as we all hate paying for a vehicle and loosing it first turn

No Instant Death by smashing, my CSM nurgle friend really appreciated that one.

Occuli Imperator

The host brings the pies, the opponent brings the beer.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Me and my mates haven't played much the last two years, but when we do, pretty much everything is house rules. We grew a bit tired of 40K during 5th, and 6th did nothing to reignite our interest, piling in more and more rules that did not fix the things we wanted fixing and seemingly just adding more clunkiness. Coupled with the GW price rises and idiot business moves we thought long and hard whether to get rid of our stuff, but in the end decided to try and write new rules ourselves. We're nowhere near a final ruleset, but it's faster, somewhat simpler, and way more tactical as players alternate moving, shooting and assaulting throughout the whole turn, meaning you have to constantly be aware of what other players might do next.
    Balancing / points values will not be easy to get right. They never are. But we could roll random numbers and get more balanced than GW's rules I bet.

Scout

LoS and terrain. You can't see over or through forests, ruined city blocks and hills, except to and from aircraft. Just like in real life.

Banned

My LGS usually has you do the roll for Warlord Traits before picking the chart to roll on.

Quote Originally Posted by phil035 View Post
    ...also all point costs are equaled out for BA players since they seem to be really expensive at the moment compared to the newer dex's.
    I would be careful with that. A Fast Rhino shouldn't cost the same as a regular Rhino, and those Deep Striking Land Raiders...

Iron Father

We allow Nids to take allies, Cant remember the exact details but Imperial Guard, Chaos Daemons, Chaos Marines and Dark Eldar spring to mind.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    I would be careful with that. A Fast Rhino shouldn't cost the same as a regular Rhino, and those Deep Striking Land Raiders...
    Historically, they did however.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

We have actually been discussing some new house rules in my gaming group. One of them has been to make all flyers a 0-1 choice. Another has been that snap firing at a vehicle takes a 5 or 6. We will probably ban Hell Turkeys in games smaller than 1250.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast