BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Tyranids vs Imperial Fists 1750 battle report from Frontlinegaming

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5tBUd9nWzA[/url]

Some pretty big mistakes on Reece's part (forgetting about a deep striking dreadnought and chapter tactics) but still a fun and interesting game nonetheless. Not sure on Mawlocs, maybe just 1 Zoanthrope? Not sure yet!
    Member of team Zer0Comp and the website www.frontlinegaming.org

Quote Originally Posted by iNcontroL View Post
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5tBUd9nWzA[/url]

Some pretty big mistakes on Reece's part (forgetting about a deep striking dreadnought and chapter tactics) but still a fun and interesting game nonetheless. Not sure on Mawlocs, maybe just 1 Zoanthrope? Not sure yet!
    Got to say the Mawloc wasn't nerfed, it was buffed; that 2 large blasts at S6 AP2 is nasty, you do have to choose your targets though. And remember mishap now has only 1 in 6 of killing you instead of 1 in 3 as it was in 5th ed.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Brother-Captain

Yeah Mawlocs are definitely much better. They needed a 're-roll scatter' rule though, they're just too unreliable and likely to scatter way off target in my opinion. Sure the rewards of rolling a hit are amazing, but I don't think I'll chance it, because if you don't roll a hit you're probably not going to hit much at all as the scatter isn't reduced by BS or anything.

Veteran-Sergeant

Zoans are looking like the most lackluster unit. They keep dying before they do much.

I think one mind-f&*$ mawloc is worth it. Like suggested in the video, keep them as attacks of opportunity against mistakes and your opponent will have to play carefully allowing you to out maneuver him.