BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

What irritates me is that Lictors' "pheromone trail" power allows no-scatter deep striking - which would be VERY potent if you could still buy 'spods for your troops and deep strike 'em in. However, the deep striking portion of the army has been reduced to Gargoyles, spore mines, Flyrants and Mawlocs...

*shakes fist in the direction of GW*

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    What irritates me is that Lictors' "pheromone trail" power allows no-scatter deep striking - which would be VERY potent if you could still buy 'spods for your troops and deep strike 'em in. However, the deep striking portion of the army has been reduced to Gargoyles, spore mines, Flyrants and Mawlocs...

*shakes fist in the direction of GW*
    Can't Raveners Deep Strike? as well as Harpy's and Hive Crones?

I really like this new Tyranid Vanguard Dataslate. I was aready excited about using Lictors and Genestealers in my Tyranid Forces (planting a couple scything talons into the Genestealers to avoid adding too many models yet still making them more effective).

The point reduction on the Lictors is good enough to merit the use them of them against Orcs, Tau and Eldar. I'm still wary of using them against Marines, although when you assault marines, you aren't assaulting as many models.

These Vaguart forces really let you get some more instant use out of the Lictors and Genestealers. You still can't assault right after infiltrating though right? Which is they they were given Hit and Run? So you can run away after being assaulted and charge again next turn?

I have'nt yet seen the data slate, but I read somewhere that the Death leapers lictor formation each gain the shrouded and independent character rules. Please tell me if this is true. If this is true, as then we could add a lictor to each of our termie squads, they'll gain hit and run, and it would be the end of synapse worries as lictors are leadership 10.

Chaplain

Deathleaper's formation doesn't grant shrouded, it adds a -1 leadership bubble and preferred enemy vs characters and infiltrates as normal. and nope they are 6 single model units not independent characters.

Forest Brood Lictor gain shrouded in forest instead of stealth but don't include Deathleaper, and their special rules makes em deploy within 1-6" of an enemy model in a forest, or 12" out of LoS or 18" in plain sight

Any of these lictor broods can gtg in your opponent's turn 1, then a flyrant swoops up, grants synapse, they recover immediately and get to assault. That's pretty strong, and I think it works well with the deathleaper assassin squad
    Hi, I'm Simon. Main army- Eldar, Craftworld Kan'di Khaine! Casual & tournament player with Vale Renegades @ Firestorm Games, Cardiff, Tuesdays!

Scout

Where do the FMCs get their deep strike from?

Chaplain

All Jump units have Deep Strike, but FMC simply move/run/charge like a Jump unit they do not have their Bulky and Deep Strike rules conferred upon them.

Scout

Thanks that's what I thought - I reread their rules for FMCs and couldn't see deep strike anywhere. They just, as you said, move/run/charge like jump troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    All Jump units have Deep Strike, but FMC simply move/run/charge like a Jump unit they do not have their Bulky and Deep Strike rules conferred upon them.
    There is not exactly a RAW line that allows Flying Monstorous Creatures to Deep Strike, but the old Tyranid FAQ said Harpies and Hive Tyrants could if they purchased the Wings upgrade. The problem is that the FAQ didn't specify whether the wings made the MC an FMC and granted the Deep Strike special rule, or that the FMC could Deep Strike because of what it is.

But, up until 14 days ago, Tyranid FMCs could deep strike.

There's even an FAQ for the rulebook that clarifies which mode Deep Striking FMCs enter the battlefield in, but strictly read it would only apply to FMCs with the Deep Strike special rule.

From an RAI, it's clear that FMCs can, but an RAW doesn't say they can. RAW only says what happens if they do. I'm sure the new FAQ will allow it again, but only time will tell.

I was hoping this data slate would at least make me more interested in taking some of my genestealers again, but the reliance on certain terrain definitely makes it iffy for me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast