BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    That's why it is str 8
    High strength no AP weapons in this game are stupid. Why can it smash a Space Marine Chapter Master to pulp in one hit, yet can be stopped by a Catachan Flak Muscle Shirt?

I just can't see tail attacks being that strong. Pay 10 points; get a bonus attack.
    That's how you should look at it.
    What is this raging hate boner you have for Tyranids? Why do you want everything in the book to be bad?
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I just can't see tail attacks being that strong. Pay 10 points; get a bonus attack.
    That's how you should look at it.
    Tell that to anyone that's been smacked by a Croc or Aligator tail and I don't think you'll like the language they hit you with for saying it... Believe me, you'd rather be hit with his/her claws than the tail.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by evilamericorp View Post
    High strength no AP weapons in this game are stupid. Why can it smash a Space Marine Chapter Master to pulp in one hit, yet can be stopped by a Catachan Flak Muscle Shirt?
    That's because they look like Rambo, and you know Rambo is super duper tough and can't be hurt by a rocket launcher (S8) let alone a wimpy little nid MC. LOL
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Tell that to anyone that's been smacked by a Croc or Aligator tail and I don't think you'll like the language they hit you with for saying it... Believe me, you'd rather be hit with his/her claws than the tail.
    Yeah. Exactly my point. They are still alive, not dead.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

What is this raging hate boner you have for Tyranids? Why do you want everything in the book to be bad?
    I don't have a hate boner. *YOU* are the one with the hate boner. I am just recognizing that bugs don't need redonkulous rules that don't make sense to be fun.

I have been playing bugs since they came out. I still have the original plastic Warriors, hugger Carnifexes, and *flamespurt* gargoyles. Don't tell me that I don't like Bugs.

Chapter-Master

High strength does not equate armor piercing. I could totally see Marbo being hit by the mace and go flying, but not be dead. I cannot see Marbo being picked up by a crushing claw and *ever* making it out alive.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

except in real life it kinda does.

Historically a mace was designed as an "anti armour" style weapon, because it relies on blunt force trauma it transmits the impact through the armour to the man inside, effectively ignoring the armour.

Or a modern take would be sabot rounds in tanks, they rely on kinetic force to do the damage not chemical explosives.

of course I see the game balance perspective.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    except in real life it kinda does.

Historically a mace was designed as an "anti armour" style weapon, because it relies on blunt force trauma it transmits the impact through the armour to the man inside, effectively ignoring the armour.

Or a modern take would be sabot rounds in tanks, they rely on kinetic force to do the damage not chemical explosives.

of course I see the game balance perspective.

Shockwave physics is not necessarily what is being talked about here.

That's where AP2 comes from Monsterous Creatures. The shockwave physics.
    Str 8 is just a momentum transfer.

Sabot rounds are not 'high strength'. Those are high velocity rounds, causing shockwaves.

Think of str8 more like Men in Black, and the big bug just slapping Jay around. That's str8. Jay's not wearing armor. He just happens to make his 6+ save multiple times in a row. The cook, in the restaurant, on the other hand, fails his 6+ save and is crushed by Instant Death.
    Last edited by Tynskel; 01-26-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I'm sure that GW's sitting there with their pocket protectors and calculators thinking 'but how does the energy wave propagate through ceramite? What if we run a finite element analysis to find the weak points in power armor to justify Rending?"
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

That's what Tech Priests do. They just call it 'runes of armor initiation'.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast