BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Apocalypse Templates

Does anyone know of any after-market company who makes Apocalypse Templates?

The GeeDub ones are just too flimsy.
    (and always fall apart!)
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

You could try and get the ones that GW released with the previous edition of Apocalypse (the green ones). I remember there being piles of the things in a few of the FLGSs around me.

Won't help with the clip together ones for multiple barrages though.

Chaplain

Nor the Apocalyptic Mega Blast 15" one, either.

Actually it states in the ARB that the green multi barrage template is perfectly fine, you can (supposedly) get the new one into the same shape, it's just that the new version is more flexible about how you lay it down.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chaplain

The thing I don't like about the New Hellstorm Template is the edge of it is open to abuse.

There is a ridge and a fancy edge surrounding the actual Template and that adds significantly more area to the Template.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    The thing I don't like about the New Hellstorm Template is the edge of it is open to abuse.

There is a ridge and a fancy edge surrounding the actual Template and that adds significantly more area to the Template.
    It specifically says in both the 40K and the Apocalypse rules to ignore any fancy borders the templates might have.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It specifically says in both the 40K and the Apocalypse rules to ignore any fancy borders the templates might have.

I know, but you'd be surprised how many people think that's just the spiky bits.

I wouldn't be surprised at anything, especially if it's to their advantage. too many players like that was one reason I stopped going to clubs to play. The other (less important reason) was I got drafted to work on my club nights to get out of working Sundays.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....