BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default If You Owned A Redacted Hammer, What Would You Kill?

So lets say you just bought GW.
    You have ultimate say of what is fluff and what isnt.
    What One piece of fluff, race,character,battle etc. would you retcon out of existence? Edit;(or as Daboarder suggested, slightly change)

Me? Probably Dark Eldar ,I've never understood their motives and can't get my head around whether they should be enslaved to slannesh or what-not.

Anyways what do you think? Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by MrBo; 01-27-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

....I don't think I'd kill anything, people have spent a lot of money on this hobby.

I'd change some things

For example I'd make Draigo more of a lancelot and less of a galahad, A wandering soul beset by doubts and questions, a flawed pilgrim who is unflinching in his faith but stil questions the point of it all.

Basically I'd turn him into 40ks version of david gemmels jerusalem man
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Robin Crud-face is fired. I will write the new Nid rules.
    Give a man fire, and you keep him warm for a night.
    Set a man on fire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Necrons.

Unoriginal in concept, un-fun to play against in any incarnation. Just say no.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Necrons. I wouldn't remove them, but I would change their concept to be copied from Fred Saberhagen's Berzerker machines. The current mish-mash of machine and living souls just doesn't work for me.

Brother-Captain

Squats.
    Oh wait, problem solved!
    Seriously though, not much. I'm with boarder on the grey knights, they need more knight and less MarySue.
    Other than that, some of the stuff in the old Ian Watson and GS Goto novels needs a small amount of ban-hammer, but nothing much else springs to mind.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Hey, Nice answers all, i didn't mean just races to dissolve though, like originally I was going to say Ban Hammer Marneus,just because i hate him lol. But after thinking about it , I decided on the the DE, mind you that doesn't mean everyone has to choose a race to destroy
    Daboarder had the idea with just a simple twist to existing fluff.

I'd like to revert Necrons to their last form; the setting already has enough human-emotion-aliens races.

Orks back to loopy galactic trouble makers on a drunken Mad Max bender. No more +10 grimdark infinitely repeating space fungus.
    Necrons back to mysterious Egyptian Terminators. No more +10 grimdark billions-strong sleeping empire.
    Everything Graham McNeill wrote about the Ultramarines and the Codex Astartes. Put them back to Rick Priestley-era fluff.
    The entire Horus Heresy series. Sounded like a good idea at the time and it started off pretty good, but it's a bloated mess now. Better off as the mostly-mysterious long long ago.
    Alpharius/Omegon Twin Primarchs. Ridiculous notion, all the way around.
    Black Templars worshipping the Emprah and being best buddies with the Sisters and the Eclessiarchy.

Veteran-Sergeant

Dark Eldar are sweet! theyre that crazy mustachioed villain of the 40k 'verse, not so much bent on taking over everything, but intent on tying the damsel to the traintracks to catch the 4pm out of Albuquerque for the sheer hell of it... they get to stay. Besides, i think theyre gonna see their end when Khan gets bored with being their prisoner.

No, the Ultramariness would get booted from the limelight.... Marneus dead, and Irenaus, 1st Company captain, Gets the honcho spot. This of course puts the douche-Captain Sicarius on the fast track to getting all sorts of butthurt, culminating in selling his soul to Slaanesh due to his intolerable pride, splintering the Ultras in a civil war as half follow the new Chapter-master Irenaus, and half rally to the newly minted Chaos Lord Sicarius.

The ensuing conflict would decimate the Loaylist and Traitor Ultras. Id make it a summer world wide campaign, with an attached novel and a paper book that came out before the digital version, and that included a free download of the digital version, and in the small print in all of the copyright info, at the very end of it all, id put in the line:

F**k you Ultrasmurfs fans... F**K YOU

Then id hold a public execution of Johnson, Cruddace and Bob from the Mail Room (better to be feared than loved).

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast