BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default 2nd and 11th legions??? what happened???

i have been wandering what happened to these 2 legions for a long time and i want to know what people think about them heres a link if you don't know anything about them or not very much
    [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Two_unknown_legions[/url]

i read a part in this link that said "Prior to sending Sigismund and his Imperial Fists to Mars during the Heresy, Dorn muses to Malcador the Sigillite on the loyalist support of two legions, possibly the two unknown legions, during the Heresy. Malcador quells the Primarch's thoughts, stating that "They are lost to us forever."" i'm thinking lost to the warp some how but lets see your opinions

the info points in all diferent directions so i can go any way really
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Chaplain

the II and the XI legions were never named because originally GW left that spot open for people to create their own Legion if necessary. this is why there is never any solid information about them.

if you wanted a fluff explanation, it's obvious that they had legions and that they had met their brothers, if only briefly (or their brothers had heard of them). they were probably secretive, as the primarchs would have felt their "absence" more if they had been closer together.

as for what happened:

1. They left the Galaxy on the Great Crusade and got lost, so they couldn't come back.

2. Their gene-seed failed (similar to what happened the the Emperor's Children, only it was total).

3. (mainly for you xeno-lovers) They encountered the Enslavers and were annihilated.

4. Someone set them up the bomb (possibly the Emperor)

5. They chose no side in the Heresy and were subsequently banished (unlikely due to recent HH material)

6. They fought for both sides during the Heresy and were destroyed by vengeful forces on both sides (as likely as the above)

7. They are myths- the other primarchs heard of their "discovery" but never met them (i.e. they never existed for a variety of potential reasons, but were said to)

8. They encountered a Time Paradox and were forced to continue from their last save point, reversing time and accidentally removing themselves from their own timeline.

9. They were lost in the warp, becoming Daemon Princes due to freak chance (or Tzeenech?) there were no Legions, or they were Legions without Primarchs and possibly folded back into existing Legions with a simple memory wipe.

10. They were erased due to them starting their own Empire on the Eastern Fringe leading to what would have become a Heresy before the HH, but Horus actually protected them by starting his own separate rebellion forcing the Imperium to shift its resources away from the Lost Primarchs to Horus.

there is no definite answer, so make up something interesting.
    I reject your reality and replace it with my own.

Eaten by a very confused errant voidwhale

Occuli Imperator

Not to be a killjoy, but there was a pretty extensive thread on this topic a little while back.

the conclusion: They were too short, and were called squats... Because the emperor was afraid of "the wee little ones" he had them exterminated.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

Default "Lost Legions"

Perhaps they were just obsorbed into the other legions. Their Primarchs had been lost and they are never mentioned as having been assigned anywhere????? The Great Mystery of 40K.

[QUOTE=The Great Mystery of 40K.[/QUOTE]

or atleast one of the many
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by sicarius2424 View Post
    i read a part in this link that said "Prior to sending Sigismund and his Imperial Fists to Mars during the Heresy, Dorn muses to Malcador the Sigillite on the loyalist support of two legions, possibly the two unknown legions, during the Heresy. Malcador quells the Primarch's thoughts, stating that "They are lost to us forever."
    Honestly, you need to hear how it's phrased to really understand the context of the conversation between Dorn and Malcador. It's very intriguing.

If you want to hear it, try downloading "The Dark King & the Lightning Tower", which is an out of print Horus Heresy audiobook.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

Brother-Sergeant

Default Lost Legions

Maybe, one or both of these "Lost Legions" are what made the Grey Knights Chapter!! They were made in secret and no one fully knows their exact origin. I guess anything is possible!!??

Scout

no its not the Grey Knights are the 666th founding chapter :P

Also the other two legions are left out for us to be creative so I think that they where most probably <LOST IN THE WARP D:>

Librarian

and rumored to have been crafted in secret from the emperor's own gene-seed! =O

anyway due to their rigorous selection process I didn't think any regular marine would have been thrown in there, plus the whole demonic incursion paranoia post heresy that spurred their creation required a whole new set of marines.

I always figured before the HH books came out that they died on whatever planets they came to before the Emperor could get to them and the Emperor felt their deaths in a almost star wars like fashion. Super-human or not its surprising that 18 magic infants landed on separate planets and were all able to survive, let alone become masters of their planets. I just think of Angron and Mortarion who probably would have died without the Emperor's intervention and apply that to the other two. HH books or not that's still the way it works in my head

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast