BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Blood Ravens ftw

Battle-Brother

Good info here, the speculation is endless and GW designers have to bind an agreement ensuring no such fluff is ever created, so it's unlikely anything will ever be confirmed.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Spetzna909 View Post
    I really don't think that the Blood Raven's were one of the lost legions. That seems too far fetched. They would not have just reappeared at some time. If anything, I agree with what was said above...I think they might be a lost company of the Thousand Sons.

So, this will be my third post where I quote something from the Horus Heresy books. I always enjoy these little hints about the missing 2 primarchs and legions.

At this point in the book Mechanicum, you break away from Mars for a moment to join Dorn and Malcador.

When talking about the Emp. not coming up from his work to help with the preperations of defense, this is said.

"Then we are alone."
    “No,” said Malcador. “Not alone. Never alone. The Emperor may not stand beside us, but he has given us the means to fight this war and win it. Horus has three of his brother legions with him, you have your Fists and thirteen others.”
    “Would that it were fifteen,” mused Dorn.
    “Do not even think it, my friend,” warned Malcador. “They are lost to us forever.”
    “I know,” said Dorn, “and you are right. By any simple reckoning of numbers, the traitor stands little chance of victory, but he was always the most cunning, the one most likely to find a way where no others could.”
    I think this implies that the lost primarchs can in some way be contacted or brought out of stasis/lockdown.

Scout

So some of the fluff talks about other human empires that still maintain full dark age of technology and the Imperium can't conquer them. What if the other two landed on worlds like that and refuse to bow before the God Emperor.

Brother-Sergeant

It's a nod to the Roman Empire, who had a nasty habit of striking from record the names and information regarding any legion that was completely eradicated in battle. It was something along the lines of "If they never existed, we couldn't have lost that war!"

I remembering hearing somewhere that the missing Astartes Chapters were a nod to that. The idea being that sometime during the crusades, prior to the heresy, two legions were destroyed in their entirety (most likely due to grossly underestimating their opposition). And the Impierium, Horus, and/or the Emperor decided to just wipe their information from record and pretend it never happened.

It also just so happens that 2 'blank spots' leaves room for players to make up their own first founding chapters. And by not giving a formal reason, adds that bit of mystery that fans tend to love. Which is why, iirc, an official answer has never been given.

Personally I'm glad that they don't provide any information on this, and hopefully they never will. There should be many 'ghosts' in the past that are never explained and have no relevance to plotlines in the heresy. They have been systematically removing a lot of the mysteries lost to the past. Instead of having many different viewpoints of what may have happened in certain situations, their new write ups are now 'clarifying' things so that there is only 1 interpretation. And that is a bummer

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Maleclypse View Post
    I think this implies that the lost primarchs can in some way be contacted or brought out of stasis/lockdown.
    Yeah, I think you're misreading that. The implication is that the other two no longer exist, which is more or less corroborated in both Prospero and Outcast. One of the legions has been taken out by the Wolves. I imagine this is the legion led by the primarch deemed, "the Fallen." The other, called "the Lost" is much more ambiguous.

What we know is that he wasn't "lost" when the baby pods were scattered, as all of the legions were assembled and brought to full fruition. My best guess would be that they were eradicated by some other means.

www.queencityguard.com

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    It is off topic though, unless one of the missing primarchs was the catcher to Jonsons pitcher.
    Unlikely. Many of the Primarchs have meaningful names - you just have to ask yourself, whose name means "secret lover"? Hint: It's "Leman."

As to the missing Primarchs... Horus and his followers turned to Chaos and betrayed the Emperor, and yet still their records were not deleted. What could the missing two possibly have done that would be so much worse that all data about them would be expunged? How could they be that much more of an embarrassment to the Imperium? I can think of only one thing... they were women.

Default Leave the Mystery

I think GW should leave the missing Legions a mystery. They have already filled in to much of the HH detail for my taste. I like it better with that vague legendary feel to the fluff.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by tdogp View Post
    Blood Ravens ftw
    They're Thousand Sons buddy. Or so says the prevailing wisdom of the moment.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast