BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

is this where john has a personal revelation?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I can tell you. I absolutely 100% can tell you. All Guards Battalions in the UK are infantry. Therefore, there are absolutely 0% of women guards on those parades.

I can tell you that even without seeing the parade on TV.
    I did wonder about that, thought he must have meant something else or some strange and arcane foreign or Canadian Trooping of the Colour.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Direct Order Sprues for female body types, large body types, shorter body types, more unhelmed looks would all be nice for adding some diversity to the meatgrinder grunts, but alot of third parties are already doing some nice versions for less than what GW would likely charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    Direct Order Sprues for female body types, large body types, shorter body types, more unhelmed looks would all be nice for adding some diversity to the meatgrinder grunts, but alot of third parties are already doing some nice versions for less than what GW would likely charge.
    Yeah and they don't even need to be Boobs McGee, Only War is full of Female IG that aren't pin up models.

I'd buy them I already own every female IG GW ever made...
    Last edited by Lord-Boofhead; 02-27-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Yeah and they don't even need to be Boobs McGee, Only War is full of Female IG that aren't pin up models.

I'd buy them I already own every female IG GW ever made...
    That must be a big collection cough. Some more fat guard would be good. I'd mention we're off topic, but I'm nit sure you can be off a not something topic.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    I can tell you. I absolutely 100% can tell you. All Guards Battalions in the UK are infantry. Therefore, there are absolutely 0% of women guards on those parades.

I can tell you that even without seeing the parade on TV.
    And I can call you out on that, because in more than one close up I've seen female guards on parade the TotC,
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    And I can call you out on that, because in more than one close up I've seen female guards on parade the TotC,
    Umm, no you can't. 'Guardsman' is a rank in the British Army which is equivalent to Private - in Britain we have a range of different titles for Privates depending on Regiment. Fusilier, Air Trooper, Trooper, Craftsman, Rifleman, Kingsman, and Guardsman. Guardsman is only given to those in the Guards Battalions which make up the Guards Division. The Guards Division, are INFANTRY. In Britain, females are excluded from front line combat roles including INFANTRY.

If you have a look at link [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_of_the_British_Army"] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_of_the_British_Army[/URL] and scroll down to the paragraph 'Divisions of Infantry' you will see this laid out.

Once you are satisfied that all British Guards units are infantry, please see link to the recruiting page: [URL="https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/83/infantry-soldier/"]https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/role/83/infantry-soldier/[/URL]

Where you will note that a requirement is that you are male.

As such you are really not calling me out. If you like, put a picture up if you can actually find one, no doubt any women will be from other regiments - but not The Guards.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Fly Lord

via [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/04/7th-edition-and-starter-set-release.html#more"]Faeit[/URL] 4-10-2014

40k 7th edition and the new starter kit Beachhead Stygia. It is small kit, with only five scouts, five blood angels, a commander with jump pack, five meganobs, 10 armoured ork shootas including a nob with two-handed axe and 10 gretchins. There are some destroyed columns, destroyed gothic stone walls and a three-piece stone bridge carried by gargoyles. It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but no blast markers.

At the same time, there will be a new starter painting kit with 10 snapfit miniatures that will bring the tactical marines from the starter box to a full squad size and gives the ork player 5 additional boyz. It has a 48 page booklet with additional scenarios and hobby guides, brushes, basing sand and glue.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    It has a 96 page book, but only about the half is used for rules including three scenarios. Expert rules like all vehicle-related stuff are omitted completely. There are a handful of dice, a ruler, but no blast markers.
    So not really a starter kit for 40K, more like a mini-game using a few 40K rules and some 40K IP figures.

So, assuming that there's going to be an updated rulebook... (And if not, then this is just some way to get the current set with its full rulebook off the market and also try to get new people interested in Orks and Blood Angels, making it more likely BA are coming later in the year.)

It looks like GW took the Hobbit lesson and ran with it even further. "Oh, they're going to buy these kits and get cheap figures *and* the rules to play the game in a convenient format *and* dice and templates? Screw that! We're going to make them have to buy a whole $85 book and a template set as well if they actually want to get into the game. Ha, all those kids buying this set and wanting more, we'll fleece the parents TWICE!"

It's just so... stupid. And the rest of us, to get this "Not 7th" updated version of the rules, just two years after dropping whatever cash we did on the 6th edition, are going to have to buy a huge $85 book to carry around. Bonus, if you bough Escalation, you get to replace that $50 book on top of the rest with a new $85 book.

But it's okay, GW loves us and would never do us wrong, right?
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 04-10-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    You shouldn't call anybody out on this subject when you potentially have British squaddies on this website! You have never seen female guards at the TotC!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast