BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default Avatars of War: Witch Elves coming soon

Well they likely won't actually be called Witch Elves, but not sure what their name will be right now. AoW just posted up this pic of their forthcoming regiment box on Facebook. They look pretty good and considering how stupidly expensive GW's Witch Elves are (and you only get 10 for that price), these could be a very good alternative:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1782104_10152206044515990_1296045396_n.jpg 
Views:	753 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	7043

EDIT: They are now up for pre-order from the AoW website. Couple of pre-order deals avaliable:

35 Euros gets you 20 Vestals of Nemesis + an exclusive Concubine of Nemesis figure.

or...

35 Euros gets you 30 Vestals of Nemesis.

All figures are plastic. compare that to £35 for 10 from GW. These aren't as nice and don't have all the extra bits to make Sisters of Slaughter with, but for making a big block of Core troops I know where my money would be spent.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 01-30-2014 at 09:00 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

I want to see some larger pictures, their faces look pretty meh in that one and probably won't compete with the Raging Heroes options either.. Other than that not bad.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Not liking the visible poses either.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I want to see some larger pictures, their faces look pretty meh in that one and probably won't compete with the Raging Heroes options either.. Other than that not bad.
    You have more images, bigger and better, and also a vid, here:

[url]http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/2014/01/noticias-mas-datos-sobre-las-nuevas.html[/url]
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar“s Gauntlets

Hmmm they look better but some still seem to have fish mouths.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I love how they've made them look as much like the GW ones as possible whilst still being different enough to avoid a lawsuit.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Look better than the GW ones IMO. But then I have always been a fan of Felix's work...

Brother-Captain

There's a couple more releases for their Dark Elf range as well:

Black Shadow with twin hand weapons 11.95E

Black Shadow with hand weapon 11.95E

I kinda like both of these, might get one or both just to paint.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Those are much nicer, might have to get them. Think I'll pass on the Witch Elves, those mouths...

Poses still seem a bit off to me.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast