BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default White Dwarf - Now with free rules

Just got my copy of White dwarf and seen the new Dwarf Hero - Belegar Ironhammer has his rule set printed in White Dwarf

I'm not going to lie I was really worried the new weekly Magazine would be lacking but its surprisingly good

Can you give us a review of the stuff?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Literally only got in 20 minutes ago, but..

32 Pages long

9 pages dedicated to the new dwarf models, Hammers/Longbeards, Dragon Slayer and Belegar Ironhammer

A write up covering the New Nids that is surprisingly insightful

A Painting guide

Design notes for the Dwarfs

And Hobby Bunker on the last page with a converted Ork Wagon and Some more Nids

It defiantly feels like a white dwarf magazine, Maybe not Worth £2.30 I paid but better vaule then the Old version for sure

Belegar Ironhammer is a bit of a Beast in Combat, Very High weapon skill, Stubborn, Can double his attacks for one turn, ASF +1 to wound with a 4+ ward, and immune to KB/HKB

Initiate

Ironhammer sounds sweet. I am just worried that the White Dwarf will be even more of a joke from GW.

Sounds like I'll be buying a copy this weekend.

Chapter-Master

Is there any mention of whether these rules are exclusive to WD, or just a reprint of what is in the army book? And how did you get your copy so early?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Ironhammer sounds sweet. I am just worried that the White Dwarf will be even more of a joke from GW.
    As in the White Dwarf character? Or the magazine?

If the latter, what about it was a joke, exactly? It was a lengthy product advertisement, with a few hobby sections, battles, and Black Library pieces. Were they laughing about that? Are you implying there was a pun intended?

Besides, jokes are good things.

That said, the (old) "new" format was certainly better than before, but it still took a lot of flipping through ads and catalog pages to get to the good stuff.

If the new one actually has rules prints, and potentially supplements or dataslate equivalents, I'd say it's a step up. Every week, no less? Yes please.

Then the people interested in immersing themselves into the fluff, hobby, and collecting side will probably enjoy Visions.
    Ask about painting commissions and more!

Did the magazine give any release schedule of the dwarfs?
    Also, how much is the White Dwarf? Since im in Canada, the message was the weekly is a pot of paint ($5) and im sure visions is going to be roughly 15...... id be paying 35 dollars a month for advertising and the hope of some new rules?
    I really hope Visions will have redirection back to the tournament scene. Including non-embarassing battle reports (lizardmen vs. TK, the DE one was god awful); get rid of miniature hall of fame (twice a year fine, monthly is just handjobbing it) and armies on display (these pics can easily be shown on the website and not waste pages).

Alpha Legion Operative

Quote Originally Posted by brotsorrow View Post
    Did the magazine give any release schedule of the dwarfs?
    Also, how much is the White Dwarf? Since im in Canada, the message was the weekly is a pot of paint ($5) and im sure visions is going to be roughly 15...... id be paying 35 dollars a month for advertising and the hope of some new rules?
    I really hope Visions will have redirection back to the tournament scene. Including non-embarassing battle reports (lizardmen vs. TK, the DE one was god awful); get rid of miniature hall of fame (twice a year fine, monthly is just handjobbing it) and armies on display (these pics can easily be shown on the website and not waste pages).
    There are no subscriptions to WD Weekly, so you can pick and choose which editions you buy.

Visions is a high quality printed publication full of pictures, in a new a5 size format. It's focussed on hobby and artwork, so it's likely to have little to do with the 'tournament scene' other than perhaps images of armies for events, and their hobby backstory. It will certainly include AoP:

Quote Originally Posted by GW What's new Today
    It’s an eye-popping hobby extravaganza packed from cover to cover with pictures of beautifully painted miniatures including everything from Golden Demon and Armies on Parade to Kit Bash, Blanchitsu and so much more.
    My End Times Project Log on BOLS, current project: Undead Goblins! - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50621-ACE01-s-End-Times-begin!-A-plog-to-keep-me-motivated

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast