BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Is there any mention of whether these rules are exclusive to WD, or just a reprint of what is in the army book? And how did you get your copy so early?
    It does not say if they are exclusive or not, Just a Page Titled "THE RULES"

Here is the Stat line for those interested:

M3 WS8 BS4 S4 T5 W3 I4 A4 LD10

White Dwarf is almost always delivered a week early where I live so i'm expecting the new format to be similar.

There is also 1 article by Jervis Johnson about a mini game to decide who goes first.....While I agree going first can be a huge advantage the "Scout Game" he suggests just sounds wrong to me, But Ill let the internet decide that once everyone reads the article.

Alpha Legion Operative

The Jervis game is the one he was running a demo if at games day. Actually a pretty neat, quick way to fill a lunchtime or break with your models.

-A-
    My End Times Project Log on BOLS, current project: Undead Goblins! - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?50621-ACE01-s-End-Times-begin!-A-plog-to-keep-me-motivated

Chapter-Master

on Visions, someone has done a video review of it :

It is litterally just a magazine of nothing but photos of miniatures with a few paragraphs or sentences here and there (in 3 different languages).

Personally, I think I'll pass on both.

I'm iffy on it too...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    on Visions, someone has done a video review of it.
    It is litterally just a magazine of nothing but photos of miniatures with a few paragraphs or sentences here and there (in 3 different languages).
    Personally, I think I'll pass on both.
    I thought the Visions was supposed to be similar to the old Chapter approved. With some tactica from Blacklibrary perhaps (the digital only documents). Experimental rules, Datasheets, Unit and Charakter focus/background, cool battlefield shots (returning to some very nice terrain tables with close up shots, maybe with some NEW BACKGROUND from a codex/armybook battle). More focus on the artists and their works, projects and own visions(!?)...

This just shows close ups on the same models that have been in the latest army releases (AND THEIR CRAPPY SECOND HAND PAINTJOBS COMPARED TO THE OLD ONES)... Nothing new other than the angles on some models, if even that?!

GW - How about showing us a real VISION here... Maybe something that's actually something a gamer/customer WANTS to buy?

And three languages!? NO WAY, think again! I know printing and the cost for multiple languages is a small sum compared to the ammount of White Dwarfs you ship!
    Last edited by Rajden; 01-30-2014 at 06:44 PM.

@Rajden: I'm not sure why you would think a book called "visions" which has been described as eye candy would include tactica, rules or datasheets. All items that they sell in PDF and eBook formats separately.

@Asymmetrical Xeno: Thanks for posting the video. It was very very helpful. I actually had some hopes for the visions book, given the size and cost, but the repetitive nature of the photos combined with a weird layout isn't drawing me in.

I got my copy of visions too, Thing that annoys me about it is all the pictures seem to been taken with different cameras and I don't know if its because its not A5 size but everything looks fuzzy to me.

If they are going to produce "Eye Candy" I would expect high quality photos of these well painted miniatures, currently this is not the case!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by clively View Post
    @Rajden: I'm not sure why you would think a book called "visions" which has been described as eye candy would include tactica, rules or datasheets. All items that they sell in PDF and eBook formats separately.

@Asymmetrical Xeno: Thanks for posting the video. It was very very helpful. I actually had some hopes for the visions book, given the size and cost, but the repetitive nature of the photos combined with a weird layout isn't drawing me in.
    yeah, I was hoping for more too but that video put me right off. I'm not sure what they are thinking really. I dont really like to bash peoples work, but it seems very lazy to me.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    yeah, I was hoping for more too but that video put me right off. I'm not sure what they are thinking really. I dont really like to bash peoples work, but it seems very lazy to me.
    I have to agree with you on that, I was expecting something fresh and new. A departure from the old WD which many called a sales catalogue and not much else. To be honest I didn't have a problem with the monthly WD and I hope the weekly editions are an improvement on that because Visions just isn't. If I had just taken a subscription out with WD and found out I was getting this Visions instead I would be asking for my money back. I'm not sure what GW are doing at the moment but I had hoped they would be listening to the fan base a bit more and this was the reason for this new direction. Visions just looks like a way of selling photos of their models and that's just not cool. To be fair I haven't got a copy so it could be better than what were seeing in this review but I shall wait to see what some of BoLsters who will get it have to say.
    With it's multi language format too, it just has the feel of a lazy publication.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

The thing that got me excited in the White Dwarf was the little mini spoiler in the design notes that says Hammerers have 2 A each, about time. Really looking forward the Dwarf book or it being announced, maybe in the next mini Dwarf issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast