BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default GW Double Bluff...?

Hey chaps.

Just read the latest UK WD. In the inaugural Tyranid batrep, the Marines won. Hang on a sec, don't the new releases always get to win first outing?

I got to thinking, is this deliberate? Sort of clever, it ended on turn 6 and the SMs won by one VP. So the Tyranid players (or those who chase the latest codex hoping for a power army) think - ah they only lost because of a roll of a 2 for last turn - they would have been stomped otherwise.

And the Marines think hell I can hold bugs off for 6 turns.

Is this thinking too much from the company whose kicks at the mo is to hide new minis in the background of pictures? Total coincidence? Couldn't replay the matchwith enough time for the writers to come up with a plausible win for bugs?

Any thoughts? personally the bugs don't make me do a little fear-wee I just carry a large can of raid in the form of plasma guns.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Goodbye
    Last edited by Aldramelech; 03-17-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Battle-Brother

All conspiracy theories aside, I still think you are right.

marines are not allowed to loose in GW official material...

Chaplain

marines lose all the time, in their fluff, at the table, in line for dinner.

I'll say that compared to most bat reps, the salies had a pretty nice looking list. I know that they are normally restricted to the studio minis and they try and show off a variety of units but the marines weren't half bad this time.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Have not picked up my copy yet but thanks for the spoiler.

Brother-Captain

VC lost theres (vs empire) first battle report and the WoC won theres (vs dwarves no less), the IG won 2 of 3 (nids beat ‘em – so yeah I believe that mess with things a bit. I think that the do several battles and pick the most exciting/interesting.
    Rocket hit on the other part, they don’t have access to best builds either
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Well, if the 'Nids had won, we would have concluded that it was obviously a faked victory, to help sell the new army. ANY result of a new 'dex's first battle report will be called out as deliberate.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 12-29-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling :'(

I read the report and had the same idea. It made me think...What if they are trying to downplay the new Bugs? I know that a lot of players in my area are intimidated by the bugs. This could give them new found confidence. Who knows?

I also noticed the lack of certain units such as Rippers and Genestealers. Also...there was nothing about other new units such as the Tervigon or the Mysetic Drop Pod.

The new bugs are gonna be NASTY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast